Win A Free Detector - Fisher Find Of The Day

Do you use a Fisher metal detector and want a chance to win a new Fisher metal detector? We give away a free metal detector every month! All you have to do for a chance to win one is be featured in our Find of the Day contest.  Here's how it works.

Send Fisher a direct message at our Facebook page 
www.facebook.com/FisherResearchLabs. with the following information:

1. Picture of the find, preferably with your detector in it too. The better the picture the better chance it will be selected and featured as a Find of the Day.

2. Tells us what it is. We have to know what your find is in order to feature it. (The more information you can provide the better. Country of origin, time era, what it’s made of gold, silver, brass, etc. Any information you have will help)

3. Tell us what detector you were using (Sorry, but it must be a Fisher model)

4. Tell us what country it was found in.

Featured Find of the Day posts are not selected by how impressive the find is, as we believe all finds are impressive in their own way. This way a handful of clad coins can be selected one day and a Roman brooch or a Civil War belt plate could be selected the next day.

If your find is posted on our Facebook page you are automatically entered in a random at the end of the month and one lucky winner will win a brand new metal detector! 

Good luck!

2001-steve-herschbach-ganes-creek-alaska-5-ounce-gold-nugget.jpg

Steve Herschbach with 4.95 ounce gold nugget found with Fisher Gold Bug 2 (14" coil) at Ganes Creek, Alaska

• Like 2

So, that was the Ganes Creek that I missed.  I had a call for a cancelled opening or an added week in 2012?  I wasn't 'ready' and thought I would go another year but didn't.

I read about the landing strip.

Mitchel

Oops, turns out the roman coin was found with my MXT! I edited your quoted copy of my now deleted post to reflect that.

However, the medieval "hawking bell" was found with the Fisher F75. It is a small silver bell that was attached to a hunting falcon's leg. Different pairs of bells made different sounds that allow the hawk to be identified by sound. All "non-coin" items more than 200 years old made of precious metal must be reported by the finder in the U.K. and separately evaluated as "treasure". Museums can bid on these but in my case better examples already existed and so I did get mine back.

Medieval "hawking bell" found by Steve Herschbach with Fisher F75 near Colchester, England

IMG_0456.JPG