New Stainless Steel Sandscoop Options From White's

From https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/hexscoop/

"This HexScoop is built for metal detecting beaches and sandy areas. So what makes it different from all of the other sand scoops out there?

With hexagonal-shaped holes the HexScoop has an edge over traditional square-mesh construction. Each hole is laser-cut at 7/16″  – so it’s the perfect size for smaller rings and jewelry that other scoops tend to loose, but offers enough surface area to allow wet sand to fall through with a good shake.

Even though with the thick-wall stainless steel construction and reinforced handles, our large and medium HexScoops are light enough to drag behind you all day. The handheld model is perfect for getting down in the sand. Each scoop is emblazoned with a laser-cut White’s logo – perfect for showing the competition who runs the beach!

The HexScoop is offered in three sizes:

Large* – 8″ x 4.5″ opening $129.95

Medium* – 6.75″ x 4.5″ opening $119.95

Small – Handheld $84.95

*Large and medium scoops ship without a handle. We suggest purchasing a shovel handle from a local hardware store – it will float and give you several seasons of use, even in salt. Handle opening is 1 3/8″."

new-whites-sandscoop-metal-detecting-beach.jpg

• Like 2

I wish they would show the scoops backside too? I need an angled backside to push against without my toenails turning black and blue. Plus plastic wrapped magnets inside to catch ferrous junk.

-Tom

It appears angled from the photo. Nice looking scoop but I already have 3 SS beach scoops lol

strick

We are just about sold out on these already. Should have more soon. Did not expect them to go so fast!

These are made by a real nice guy who contacted us on Facebook. They are laser cut and have a nice finish, plus you are supporting an individual when you buy these, not a giant corporation. His hand-written note to the factory when he sent us some samples to evaluate was a nice touch as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Apparently this is what the handheld scoop looks like. I could not find a picture on the White's website but this one popped up as being there on a Google search. The larger scoops look decent for the price but $84.95 seems a bit steep for this...

whites-hex-stainless-hand-scoop.jpg