A Monster Afternoon

Lunk

Ah Lunkster ... you can find gold with ANYTHING!

Good detecting.

Mitchel

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Ah Lunkster ... you can find gold with ANYTHING!

Good detecting.

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel.

I cut my prospecting teeth using a Gold Bug 2 back in the day, so the Monster is a pleasant and user friendly vlf blast from the past in a futuristic kind of way for me. 

• Like 5

Mn true Lunk can probably find gold with a stick and blindfolded, but in time I believe it will prove anyone can find gold with the Monster, it is that kind of a detector that suits the newby through to the pro. But I`m just praising our downunder product so they can make heaps for R&D on the Z2...................

• Like 9

Norvic,

I was praising Lunk's ability and knowledge to go where gold is.  

Now that he is there with a Monster he had some fun with it.  He's also given it a review as a GB2 expert and I like what he has to say.

I also like what you say about the Monster and I'll try to disregard you are promoting a down under company!  :rolleyes: (We already know you are a homer.)

Mitchel

Kieth, good to see your not working eery day, getting some time for detectin.            D.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Nice going Lunk. Well done. Good to see you were able to operate in manual 10 sensitivity & Deep All Metal mode. How did you find touching the coil on the ground or any bushes. Did you get any touch/falsing type issues? Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

Thanks JW,

Yes, coil falsing is an issue at max sensitivity.  I believe that the sensitivity boost of the Monster is so great that current coil technology simply can't handle it; I hope that Minelab are working on a new coil design that can.  In the meantime, using the Monster helps one to develop excellent coil control, which never hurt anyone's detecting success. ?

• Like 5

It seems that you are given enough sensitivity that it can be overloaded.  Probably better than underloaded.

How is the discrimination?

We have an area where the ironstones sound just like gold to the 7000 and we have to dig everything.  Would the monster tell me the difference between an ironstone (grabbed by a magnet just like steel) and gold?  What if that ironstone had trace amounts of gold in it?

Mitchel