A Monster Afternoon

Lunk

Hi guys 

I have a question regarding the Gold Monster and how the sensitivity should be set while on the ground during target retrieval .In Jonathan Porters article on mastering the GM he states that it should be set to the level that the target was first identified .As i use auto or auto+ does that mean the detector is left at this setting or switched to a manual setting whilst sitting the detector down before digging and pinpointing. I have used the monster for about a month now and except for the issue with the loosening shaft connections (i now use a 1 inch broomstick permanently) and some noise when bumping the coil, i have found this detector a pleasure to use on the central western goldfields of eastern oz and managed to find a 2 gram piece on my second day within 2 inches of a of a boot rivet down about 4 inches.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ophirboy said:

As i use auto or auto+ does that mean the detector is left at this setting or switched to a manual setting whilst sitting the detector down before digging and pinpointing.

I run in auto a lot and when doing so I just leave it there with no ill effects, but switching to Manual 10 might give you a sharper signal for pinpointing small nuggets.

• Like 2