New 9.5"x5" DD Coil For Nokta & Makro

The Makro and Nokta 9.5" x 5" DD closed elliptical design has been discontinued in favor of a open style design for the Impact, the IM24. The new design is not bouyant like the old design and so will be popular with water hunters in particular. Part numbers for the new coil are available for other Makro and Nokta models There is also a new 5" round coil for the Nokta Impact.

IMG_0466.JPG

RC24 Black 14 kHz - Racer 1 (Red Racer) and Racer 2

FC24 Black 15 kHz - FORS CoRe

FR24 Black 19 kHz - FORS Relic

FGP24 White 19 kHz - FORS Gold+

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, 

Just a couple of points worth noting.

The "26" series solid coil is listed as 10.5" long, so the new "24" series at 9.5" long is a little more semi-elliptical. 

The 10.5x5" solid coils for the Gold Racer and Fors Gold+ remain unchanged, as solid coils are generally preferred for goldfield use. 

Actually the RC26 solid is a excellent match up with the Racer 2 for prospecting duties, or for generally working rocky terrain, so any Racer users should snap up a coil before they are all gone. 

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The 28 cm open black Nokta coil provided with the Impact standard package is ideal for gold prospecting on the bare soils covered with gum leaves of the Victorian and WA goldfields in Australia.Only occasionally you get a twig caught up in the spaces,but the lightness of the coil is the big advantage.Personally I would have prefered a bigger coil as standard for prospecting for our larger nuggets,maybe 13.5 inches so I would not have to buy the 15.5 inch coil as an added expense so quickly.I am sure it would go deeper.