Wow, you spent a lot of time relaying this info to us, and I want you to know how much I appreciate your effort.  This is exactly the kind of thing that will help me.  I started my harem last year with two parks.  Both sites were either homestead farms or industrial sites back in the 1800's.  While still hunting the parks this year, I've added two schools built in first half of 20th C.  Unfortunately one of those turns out to be private, which I should have known/found out before hunting without permission...  :unsure:Surprising what I still don't know after living in this town for 35 years.

Please continue the reports.  Wish I had someone locally as experienced and throrough as you to show me the ropes.  I'd happily take you to my hunting grounds and watch you dig up treasure after treasure that I know I'm passing over, just to soak up the knowledge I would gain from that experience.

• Like 2

Thank you GB Amateur.

It always takes more time for these posts than it should because I create and peck them out on a tablet using the touch screen qwerty board, and with the unavailable to anyone Photoshop touch for Android devices.... it's painfully slow.

There was more detail I intended to explain when I started, but time curtailed that when I accidentally closed the nearly completed images without saving...Doh!

I am happy the effort helps someone. Kind words, Sir. Thank you.

• Like 4

Very informative information about your through approach to hunting this area. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Very informative essay.  Different ideas can really pay off.  Thanks.

• Like 3

I am eating this up!  Great post Deft... thank you.  This inspires me to be better about documenting my research and finds.  Looking forward to your next post.  Tim

• Like 3

Great post deft.... Your a lot more systematic than I am.... I look things over and get a kind of gut feeling for the area and go from there... 

• Like 2