GPZ 7000 Software Update 2 - Ground Smoothing & Semi Auto Ground Balance

Way to go Minelab :biggrin:   Thanks very much for continuing to work on and improve the GPZ 7000.  It` raining here today so no detecting, but mine is set up and ready to go. Dave

• Like 3

Probably more than ironic Scott ... The Forum knows!  :ph34r:

• Like 2

Exciting stuff for sure, To be able to add salty ground and heavy laterite ground conditions to an allready brilliant detectors portfolio and to top it off be able to use the "Normal Mode" is what dreams are made of.  I have an area i was just at recently in W.A. ( Aust ) that will be getting re-visited in the next few weeks to continue the "Normal Mode" experience/testing.  Normal actually worked in this spot, got 42 nuggies for 26.6g but 20 metres  away Normal was un-workable..   Going to be interesting !!!!    Thanks Minelab !

Cheers

Ashley 

• Like 2

Upgrade complete...thanks for the post Steve!

44 minutes ago, Lunk said:

Upgrade complete...thanks for the post Steve!

Lunk,

Do you have spots to use this upgrade in the West? :rolleyes:

Mitchel

• Like 1

Steve,

How could someone return to the old version of the firmware if you wanted the GPS back?

Mitchel

Prior versions of the GPZ firmware are available at the bottom of the GPZ 7000 Downloads Page. There are now three versions available, including the new one:

GPZ 7000 Firmware June 2017 (Second Update 20170630 - Version Information will display 1.10.8-2052) (11.26 MB)

GPZ 7000 Firmware October 2015 (First Update 20151009 - Version Information will display 1.2.8-98) (9.69 MB) 

GPZ 7000 Firmware January 2015 (original release 20150130 - Version Information will display 1.0.8-57) (10.63 MB)

To go back to an earlier version simply download it and load the file into the GPZ just as was done with the new update. The October 2015 release is the one we have been using until now and the one you would want to load into your GPZ to roll back.

The update will be a boon for those who have struggled with the moans and groans in alkali ground. However, it is a smoothing filter and as such does not add depth per se and in fact you should not employ the filters unless you really need them as there is a performance hit, though it is fairly minimal in the Patch mode. Long story short much as I like this update I have lived without it just fine up to now and will continue to do so until the XChange update is available. I am not holding my breath for that however. Anyone not using XChange however would be well advised to download and install this update, especially anyone struggling with the GPZ in alkali ground.

It is a little bit of a hassle but in theory a person can load up October 2015 if they want to use the system with XChange, and load up the new June 2017 version is dealing with bad alkali ground. Just flip between the two versions until the XChange update arrives.

• Like 1