Bigger Than A Bullet

Aussie, thanks for posting the photo i,ve heard stories about that big lump of gold nice to see a photo of it.

• Like 1

Wow, Aussie.  Even the 705 should be able to find that size gold . :laugh:   

My opinion is as others have stated.  You already have detectors that cover the majority of gold types and depths.   I WOULD NOT buy another detector until you can semi regularly find gold with your others.  Make that your goal and you can later reward yourself with the latest and greatest detector once you know you have good spots.

My largest gold has still been found with my GPX5000.  The GPZ has since got me dozens of flake gold pieces.  But I did not miss much with the 5000.  And if you ask me, I tend to like the 4500 more for it's sensitivity to small gold.  I believe the 5000 was tuned for larger ... deeper gold.  But just my opinion from what I've seen.   (I would leave the 705 home :)

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

"I Love Bullets"

Well I have been blown away with your response, thank you all.

The comments of course are all very interesting, you all have so much experience, which is what I need to buildup, so starting from now, I will be doing in ernest, as far as the detectors go, as you know I have a Minelab GPX-4500, the other two units belong to friends, from your input to my question, to start learning the 4500 inside out will be the first step in the right direction as kiwijw suggested.

The SDC-2300 seems to come highly recommend, and most of you seem to own one, The Fisher Gold Bug 2, also is one of Steve Herschbach recommendations, so it will be a toss up between the two, as to the GPZ-7000, I think I'll hold off on buying one of these until I am more comfortable with what I am doing.

I know I am in a good area, my mate was fostered by a family in Hill End for a time when he was young, after heavy rain, the mother would go out and walk around the house picking up tiny bits of gold washed out by the rain.

and I'll always remember.. klunker...."I Love Bullets"

Thanks again, I'll let you know how I go.

Good Gold Prospecting All......

• Like 3

Enjoy your target hunting sessions as you learn your detector.  Gold will be one of those targets and if you are in the right place you will find lots of gold targets and fewer bullets.

When starting out don't over do it.  You might want to stop after a couple of hours and take a break.

Make sure you go back to that house where they were picking up gold after the rain!

Mitchel

• Like 1