Lightning Fire Near Eugene's / Rye Patch

Guest Jennifer

Guest Jennifer

1 hour ago I took a little video (frame capture below), a dry lightening storm came through and my how things can change in less than an hour.

Yay... no more scrub, break out the GPZ-19 :rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Jen 

IMG_2370.PNG

IMG_2367.JPG

Good picture!

Guest Jennifer
5 hours ago, kiwijw said:

You sure you didnt drop a match out there Jen......:laugh:

JW :smile:

Probably a chunk of hot rubber from all the tires I've shredded here. :ph34r:

Guest Jennifer
On 7/10/2017 at 10:39 PM, mungass said:

ha ha   burn baby burn  :biggrin:

Yup, I've been out hitting the area pretty hard and the scrubs pretty high. A good fire would open up some new ground, albeit at the cost of carbon chat hot spots. Oh well, it just means I go further out.... tomorrow is Sulpher and Rabbit Hole again.... 

It sure is a lot cooler here than in Gold Basin for Summer.

Jen

Speaking of cool, we have been -3,-2,-1 nearly every night and a max of around 12,s during the day, bloody frost fans in the surrounding orchards don't do much for a good nights sleep . we are back to a real winter of 30 years ago , the seasons seem to be turning back the clock . Jen do they do controlled burns over there ? as our parks mob here or just rely on mother nature ?

yes Charcoal ,nasty stuff !    .  when they advertise a burn here its like flys to a honey pot ;  a mate in the fireys that does burns told me every time they go to an area ; a regular lights up another in the proximity knowing it will get put out but will also open up the area he wants , but they can,t catch him  in the act . :ph34r:

• Like 1