GM 1000 And Headphones

Steve, a curious question for you.

Two GM 1000 detectors both using Koss UR30 headphones. Headphones work on both units with no sound from external speaker on either unit.

Same two units do the same while using the Minelab provided headphones. No sound from external speaker.

Now, when Black Widow headphones are used:.  

#1 Headphones work

#2 Headphones work along with            external speaker at the same time.

Black Widows set up differently somehow?

Same additional jacks were used on all tests.  

Technology on GM 1000 rejecting use of Black Widow headphones?

Any clues?

Thanks, Trinityau/RayMills

Ray, 

You may have already tried this but the Widows have that " by pass" switch that when in the "by pass" mode will let the external detector speaker work as well. Check the switch position.

Dean

• Like 1

I'm going to check all my headphones from DetectorPro...I've always had good success with them... 

I did have an adapter pigtail where the plastics rotted off, not sure what I will do with them.  I have not checked to see if they work, it's been a while since I've been detecting, and was checking my huge inventory of detecting stuff I've bought over time...  Amazed at how much $$$$$ I've thrown at this hobby...

~LARGO~

• Like 1

Well, check those switches on the Black Widows first! However, this is a known issue with other Minelab detectors. Headphones do need to be wired properly in order to work with some models. This Minelab Knowledge Base article goes over the issue as relates to the CTX 3030. I believe the GPZ 7000 is identical in this regard. Sun Ray makes two models of Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones, the original model, and another model wired specifically to work correctly with the CTX 3030 (and other detectors also) for $5.00 more. Why not just make the one model that works with all detectors? Good question. Long story short I own two sets of the Sun Ray CTX version and they work with anything.

I would tend to doubt this is the problem on the GM 1000 but figured I would mention this just in case.

Click on images below for larger versions....

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-1.jpg

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-2.jpg

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-3.jpg

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-4.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to GM 1000 And Headphones