Costume Jewelry Find...." Sterling Shank "

I was out and about with my F75 LTD Sunday morning and found this ring.  I thought at first it was junk but closer inspection revealed that it is marked " Sterling Shank" with a jeweler's mark.   I had never found a ring mark Sterling Shank before so I had to research it.  The band is silver and the stone mounting is silver plated.  Its not a continuous band either.  Its cut out at the top and the stone mounting is dropped in the notch and soldered in place.   That would explain the zinc VDI reading it gave me. 

Researching the jeweler's mark, This ring has the vargasVsig.jpg  ,the 1947 Vargas mark on it.   Somebody lost one of grandma's rings.

Link to a site where you can research jeweler marks.   http://illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksv.html

I'm calling it treasure.

HH
Mike

Vargas Ring.jpg

• Like 7

That's a nice ring. Silver is treasure no matter how it's sliced.

Do you think the stone is glass? Genuine sapphire maybe?

Congratulations.

Thanks,   I haven't gotten to the stone yet.  I'm thinking glass but not positive.  It doesn't have that shine a good stone would give.  

HH
Mike

Wow, that is an awesome ring.

The F75 is hard to beat.

Mike, I found silver ring with that exact mark on it 2 saturdays ago in southeast PA.  I am guessing not dropped by the same person.....