Jerry Keene of Keene Engineering has passed away. The ICMJ got a note from the family:

Dear Friends, Family and Valued Customers.

It is with deep regret and sorrow, that we inform you that Jerry Keene has passed away due to congestive heart failure.
On Friday morning, July 14th. He was preparing for work as usual when he experience a shortness of breath and all of a sudden, had a heart attack. His wife, and daughter tried to revive him but, he was already peacefully gone.
He did not suffer and he did not have pain. Jerry was at home doing his normal routine and passed the best way possible.
Jerry Keene was a great man, husband and father. He enriched every person he touched and was very well respected by all.
Jerry worked with his two sons Mark and Patrick every day and adored being part of their lives. Being with them each day at the company was one of his greatest joys in life.
Jerry Keene was a wonderful man and touched everybody with his kindness. His last days, he was feeling great and was excited about building a new home to make his life easier for him and his wife, Che’ and daughter, Mell, who took great care of him. It goes without saying that he will be deeply missed by his entire family, vast number of beloved friends, as will the thousands he had touched throughout his life.
He is and will always be, “The great innovator of the Modern Day Gold Rush”. We will all miss you very much.

The Keene Family

• Like 5

Guest Jennifer

Wow, sad news.... we're not here for a long time guys, make it last and make it special.

My condolences to the entire family.

Jen 

Great guy and what a loss, went to Chatsworth (Keene Engineering) just last month to buy a new blower and hung out with Jerry for a good half hour listening to his stories. He truely was one of the few "old timers" left among us.....amazing man who lived and talked prospecting. A story that really stood out was one he told of a friend,  one of the first dredgers to work the east fork of the San Gabriel river back in the early 1960's. This guy averaged at least a POUND of gold every day on the river for several years back in the day........ very cool indeed.

Sad news.

He had a huge influence on the industry.

May I express my condolences to the Family.

Yes, heard the news...RIP Jerry and my condolences to his family. Just a reminder how time is flying by....loved visiting Pat, Mark and Jerry when  I lived in Ventura. Always learned something....thankfully Jerry raised two boys that will continue in their father's footsteps. Keene has done so much in supporting the small scale miners especially with their time and donations. My San Gabriel days on the East Fork are over, but I still hold the memories and some I contribute to the Keenes....

My sorrow and condolences to the Keene family . As far away as Australia they have had an impact on our prospecting . I own a Dry Washer and a  Gold Wheel and have had many email contacts with Patrick over the years . Always happy and willing to share their knowledge .

goldrat