Minelab's Sensational New Metal Detector

Kind of a false advertising thing I would say............. 

True, ML have as per norm kept a tight lid on it. Suspect now we are not going to get an updated CTX, but I haven`t a clue just a suspicion. Bit like betting on which ant gets to the bar ceiling first, good fun and you get to be shouted or shout the bar. Same difference MLs like the Bar Person just thrives on the speculation.:wink:

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Those that know won't talk, and those that talk don't know. Only three days to go so rather than speculate I will just wait. The only real clue I know of is the decision on where to announce the machine - a detector rally in the U.K.

But the speculation and all the crazy ideas is great fun :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Ringmoney said:

But the speculation and all the crazy ideas is great fun :biggrin:

Oh, yeah, and anyone who follows the forum knows I thrive on it! :biggrin::biggrin: As a rule though what I personally thrive on most is factual information. So I tend to wait until I get hard specs or facts, and then go crazy putting them on a thread on the forum as fast as I can. I get to learn about the new detector, people reading the forum get to learn along with me. I see commentary at times from people complaining about hype. Hype to me is making over the top claims. All single frequency detectors being made obsolete? Sales hype. What I want to know it what it looks like, what it's intended use is, frequencies, display, tones, waterproof or not etc. etc.

I guess I am a spec junkie when you get right down to it. I am the type of person that will forget your name 5 minutes after you tell it to me. But you would be amazed at how many detector specs of different brands and models I can spew out off the top of my head going back for many years with a high degree of accuracy. I am a walking, talking detector catalog.

Specs! Give us the specs!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Those that know won't talk, and those that talk don't know. Only three days to go so rather than speculate I will just wait. The only real clue I know of is the decision on where to announce the machine - a detector rally in the U.K.

I like this........

I'm still waiting to see what 1st Texas does......

Too many top notch engineers, it going to be great.......

17 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am the type of person that will forget your name 5 minutes after you tell it to me.

But I bet you remember what detector I was using until the day I die!  :smile:

• Haha 1

To be interested in a new machine I need discrimination, a waterproof  unit, Mac OS comparability, free income tax preparation and discount coupons for pizza, ammo and new tires.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2