Just A Strange Couple Of Rocks Or Artifact?

I am unable to ID these rocks and how they got the groves in them. Natural or some type of artifact. I've look all over the web. Hope someone here can help it's really beginning to bug me.

MItch

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image1.JPG

At first I was thinking tomahawks, but after looking closer, I don't think so.

Most all the stone tomahawks  had a groove in the middle only. (I guess it is easier right)

But, if you had plenty of time with no internet I guess more grooves may have been the look you wanted:wink:

598b6d4b0d29.jpg

Thanks for the reply Steve. I thought about that but it seems the seam of softer material would go all the way through the stone. These strange "groves" for the lack of a better description start wider maybe  a quarter of an inch and slope to a knife edge about 1/8 to 3/16" in the stone. The stone at the bottom of the grove is the same as the outer part. If it's an artifact I can't what it would be used for. The groves aren't right for tying a handle on and the ends aren't right for chopping. I've been collection artifacts for fifty years and have never seen anything like these crazy stones. Looks like something Indiana Jones would come up with.

Thanks again

Mitch