Video - Hunting Parks & Beaches For Gold

Very entertaining as usual...and I love his videos....hunting parks i'm still a wide open screen type of guy (at times) depending on the specific area of the park. Found a nice religious cross today that would have been notched out with his recommendations on the CTX. Also the large mens gold ring that I posted the other day  (12.30 on the CTX)  he would have passed up. Even in trashy areas I feel that sometimes running wide open is better then running in Disc...and carefully analyze each target using Target ID and target trace together to determine wether to dig or not to dig.  Beach wide open is a good call. 

strick

• Like 3

If you don't dig pull tabs your gonna miss gold...... Just sayin..:cool:

There hasn't been a machine made yet that can tell the difference between tabs and gold.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, strick said:

Very entertaining as usual...and I love his videos....

strick

I like his vids too.. Have watched a bunch of 'em over time.. Funny thing is he initially came to my attention due to one of his coin finds.. He's made a few fairly amazing coin finds -- an '01-S Barber quarter & 1914-D penny both in good enough shape to sell numismatically with the Q bringing nearly six large, gold Stater when he was across the pond a couple years ago.. I find unreadable V nickles lol..

Swamp

2 hours ago, johnedoe said:

If you don't dig pull tabs your gonna miss gold......

Not to mention the pull tabs.  :biggrin:

Was going to relate this story earlier and I guess I'd better do it now before I forget it completely.  (That seems to be happening more and more....)  I was at one of my favorite sites (park) and happened to get three different targets in about 15 minutes, in a circle about 5 ft (1.5 m) in diameter.  I was using the Minelab X-Terra 705 with the 6 in round DD 18.75 kHz coil (probably notching off iron and the very highest conductive bin due to iron wraparound issues).  All three of the targets were close in VID.  Note, US nickel 5 cent pieces ("nickels") hit around 18.  Also note that the X-Terra 705 full range is -8 to 48, missing 0, and only even numbers, with iron below 0 and non-ferrous above 0.

1) got an inconsistent ID which was anywhere from 12 to 18, mostly hitting 14-16.

2) got a slightly more consistent ID, but still 14-18.

3) got a rather consistent 16-18.

#3 was a US nickel (Jeffy) at about 4 inches, a bit off horizontal in orientation. 

#2 was a ring and beavertail (R&B) pulltab, also about 4 inches deep.  I think the beavertail was bent back into the ring (which is common).  Depending upon which piece you find (just the ring, just the beavertail, or attached), the orientation, how bent or broken, etc. these can get quite a range of ID's, sometimes dead on nickel 5 cent.

#1 was a ladies 10kt gold, plain wedding band down in the 3 to 3 1/2 inch level which when weighed and converted contains about $30 in gold content.

You can have the modern "square" tabs (thanks, Ronald McDonald House), and yes, I dig those, too.  I'll take the R&B's any day.

• Like 4

My two favorite search modes using discrimination. The first one is called "Doc's ferrous coin"...the second is called "Indians and Silver".Downloaded from Findmall at Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links. Doc's is no longer there for some reason but just copy the screen shot. I use these when "cherry picking" so to speak. The first pic is "Doc's ferrous coin"...second is "Indians and silver" You won't ever dig a bottle cap with either of these two settings when park hunting. 

strick

20170804_175710.jpg

20170804_175727.jpg

20170731_194613.jpg

20170802_183844.jpg

• Like 1