Deus High Frequency Elliptical Versus AT Gold

I'm surprised that the elliptical coil will hit the 10" coin. I haven't heard a lot on this coil. I'm thinking that the 74 kHz with a little bit of disc added would be a beast in some of my old iron filled ghost town sites. Steve have u had a chance to do any testing with this Coil?

I have been more concerned with how the coil does for gold prospecting though I did give it a quick spin at the park the other day. Nothing not a PI will hit a 10" coin in my ground so I can ignore that. I do know that the 14 kHz frequency and the Garrett AT Propointer interfere but that can probably be cleaned up with a frequency offset.

I just do not think outright depth is what this coil is all about. It should have slightly better separation in dense trash than the larger Deus coils and will no doubt light up small non-ferrous targets better. But more depth on coins in the clear - I doubt it.

I will be putting this coil and other detectors to the test over this next couple months in order to sort out what stays and what goes away this winter but for now I just do not have enough hours on the coil to make any solid determination except one. As usual, if gold prospecting is the main goal, it is very hard to get general purpose detectors with multiple intended tasks to do as well as machines built from the ground up with only gold prospecting in mind.

Ya I doubt depth is what the coil is about, I doubt it will hit a 10" coin in most my Nv sites. I'm interested in separation and basically anything that will open up any old iron infested sites or give me any advantages. If u find the time to do any testing between that and the standard 9" that would be sweet.