Sign in to follow this  
kiwijw

GM 1000 & Zed Gold

JW you do one heck of a job getting those bedrock cracks cleaned out.

Nice bit of gold! Love the story and pics....video too! Thanks for sharing. :-)

JW,

Well done.  Well written.

Mitchel

Awesome, JW! Hard earned gold, well worth the effort.

Terrific report mate and nice gold :smile:      And as always, good pictures 

• Like 1

Thanks every one for your comments & kind words. The gold in the schist bed rock cracks & crevices is the nature of these old timer workings that they ground sluiced. These are the bits of gold they just really had no chance of getting down to & the beauty today of having electronic eyes & ears in the way of detectors. Having said that though there are areas where the old boys have broken out & levered up the bed rock. So they were fully aware of gold being down in the schist. While a lot of the schist is quite soft & rotten when I first start peeling it out. Once I get down a wee bit it certainly strengthens up & there have been times I had to go back to my wagon & get a cold chisel & hammer. Some digs can take a bit of time to get the gold in hand. Especially when it gets down a bit & the signal is still in the bottom of a deep tight crevice & the schist has strengthened up & doesnt want to peel off & break out. It is truly amazing how some gold pieces work their way down into these crevices & the gold being well rounded & water worn. Many of these pieces of gold, while small, are quite chunky & not squashed flat or flakes. Headed out again this arvo & scored three more little bits with the Zed. Cheers guys.

Good luck out there

JW :smile: