fredmason

Most Effective 19 Inch Coil Cover

Hi Steve, Thank you for you reply. I am always interested in "new" coils & can they be any benefit to me & my detecting. After market coils for the my GP & GPX's certainly paid off. It is good to have seen the results (both positive & negative:rolleyes:) from others out there with the 19" coil & just what type & what size & what depths the gold has been. Your last sentence pretty much sums it up for me. I had pretty much written off any thoughts of this coil being of any benefit to me quite early on, except like you said, a niche coil for oddball situations & then it can pay off. But yes our gold is on the small side & the Zed still blows me away with the depth it is getting these small bits at.  A lot of places I detect the ground just isn't suitable to swing that 19" coil. Either too steep, too rocky &/or too much growth to negotiate.   A lot of it is a struggle with the 14". What I would love is a smaller coil for the Zed. I will always be looking out for how it does for others & hope your next mission out with it rewards you well. Can't wait to see the results. Cheers.

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:

Hi Fred,

Like others on this post who made their own for the 19" ,  I did the same. I bought a sheet of 1.5mm Clear Lexan Makrolon Polycarbonate, for $45, long enough to make one for the 19" coil, and I made one for the stock 14" coil also. I cut it, and used a heat gun to form it around the coil for a snug fit. I made the front form fit the 19" coil, to help eliminate any dirt from going on top of coil. Here are some pics of making it.

Dave.

8.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 7

Fred,

Thank you !!!  I used 3m Flexiclear body seam sealer, it makes a strong bond, and is a synthetic rubber,  I can also remove it without damage. I would not recommend epoxy, unless you want more of a permanent attachment. Any strong bond/ silicone will work.

Dave