RedDirtDigger

West Aussie Gold Trip... Another Australian Gold Tourism Ad

Incredible! I can only dream of finding beauties like that! You do your homework, and it sure pays off...congrats! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedDirtDigger said:

Hi Norvic, my mate runs Oziexplorer with geology/tenement layers to get us to coordinates and keep us away from Mining leases and on legal/40e ground. Close up viewing of google earth and WA sat imagery and sat burnt area maps from the NOAA satellites are the biggest help. Using sat imagery to find and mark the route of very faint 4wd tracks that get you close to where you want to go is main game in research to get to areas to explore I have found. RDD

RDD, Many thanks, myself I started many years back with Fugawi then switched to Oziexplorer once it became available. Powerful tools that help us, hopefully ML will expand on the GPS capabilities that is in cooperated in the Z and give us this mapping ability right there in front of us out in the field, until then I currently use a Ozi android app on a smartphone with GPS built in, with the PC at home running Ozi to "make" the maps. Our Government Mines depts. are making this easy now with their freely available Geo, Tenement etc customisable maps that can be downloaded and exported into Ozi.

A tit bit, the Fugawi name apparently originated from "Where the #$%^ are We"

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RedDirtDigger said:

Thanks Mitchel, it was arrogant of me to say 23 oz was not good. Its just that I go detecting there a lot and know many spots and do research and rely on my hobby gold income. I do aim for a big tally. Its gold fever I guess. But I am in a good place to detect, where big untouched patches still do exist. And I am sure there are some over there too. cheers RDD

Falling a bit short of big expectations is part of the process I guess.  That is not arrogance.  It is part of the risk and reward.  Don't be too disappointed but I know you want to keep the pressure on yourself to meet your budget marks.  Just remember that 99.9% of us can't make such a plan because we don't have the knowledge or the area and those that do have 'mixed' results also.  Some things you just can't control.

Fantastic job no matter what.

Mitchel

• Like 1

That is some really fine looking gold! I have a some that look very similar to your large folded flake - the three on right in this photo...

steve-herschbach-nevada-gold-2017.jpg

• Like 8

That's what we need!  More eye candy.

• Like 1