I know, this has already been gone over but im looking for the most flexible not the toughest like most people want. Hello I'm looking for 6" suction hose. I have a proline 6" dredge and the hose I have is tough which means stiff. I'm trying to find the most flexible suction hose with matching ribs on the out side that is compatible with proline thing that threads on the outside of hose. I would like to add a 10' very flexible section. And sometimes use just the 10' for tight spots maybe even get 15'. Thanks in advance.

I was partial to using Kuriyama Hose myself. It is available in different weights and for different temperature ranges. The problem with the hose that ships with Proline, at least in the past, is that it is very stiff in cold water. Kuriyama hoses are available that are more flexible at low temps (check the bending radius specs). The really big problem though is the Proline hose uses a spiral wind that is opposite what everyone else seems to use, and the fitting on the end of the hose to mate to the powerjet is fitted to this rather thin, reverse spiral.

My Proline 6" I retrofitted to Kuriyama heavy duty low temp hose. But I had to spend a couple hours grinding the exterior of the hose so the jet adapter fitting could slide over it and be glued in place with 5200 sealant. A real pain in the posterior.

Not a great answer but hope it helps. Check out the Kuriyama website linked above - lots of great info about hoses. Here are some basic charts (click for larger versions) - Tigerflex SH is popular with lots of people and Tigerflex W offers a heavy duty alternative. Tigerflex Catalog

An easy way to gauge how heavy duty the hose is would be to look at lbs per foot. For 4" hose:

SH400 1.06 lbs per foot

W400 1.92 lbs per foot

kuriyama-suction-dredge-hose.jpg

kuriyama-suction-dredge-hoses.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awsome thank you. As always very helpful steve.do u know if tiger flex sh is compatible with proline adapter? Yes even in this hot whether this hose is very stiff. I was thinking ad 10-15' of very flexible hose so I can at least maneuver the end of it, then when I'm in tight/shallow spots only use the short hose. I would of loved a shorter hose last time out.lol. as u can see was a tight spot. Ended up just having to go thru the belly because telling were backing up to fast. Do u have 9hp motors on ur 6 or 6.5hp?

20170805_115403.jpg