Steve Herschbach

Gold Monster / Golden Mask Rod Adaptation

A tit bit, when I modded the Monster as a pinpointer, I accidently found ML have molded a clip into the support that goes up to front of battery holder. This clip holds the coil cable neatly and firmly as it heads towards the shaft a 4 or so inches from where it screws into the control box. Have again attached the photo of the Monster Pinpointer to illustrate this.

Monster.thumb.jpg.50cec48bdf7c26f56cea32c6a4631867.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Norvic, Sorry old mate....but I thought that was common knowledge.:biggrin:

Good luck out there

JW :tongue:

Only to commoners:wink:

• Like 1

I'm very uncommon.. I missed that as well.  Thanks for the tip!

Hi Team. Instructions show it quite well in diagrams Number 5,6 & circled area to right on 6 & boxed section bottom right. But admittedly it isn't readily spelt out. (Click cable into recess clip by battery entry to hold fast):tongue: I guess in ones excitement at a new toy & throwing it together it is easily over looked. If all else fails...read/look at the instructions.:rolleyes: Thats what they are there for.

Click on image once & it will go thru to flicker, click again & it will go full screen & all will be apparent. :biggrin:

IMG_20170814_0001

Maybe some of the negative comments thrown at the GM 1000 by some people, they could do with reading the instructions of use & follow up on some of the positive advise given for its field use in the harsher conditions before mouthing off & putting up bad looking footage. :angry:

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 1

I dont read i instructions either :blink:

:biggrin: :laugh:

12 hours ago, Jen58 said:

I dont read i instructions either :blink:

:biggrin: :laugh:

No of course not. We are all too smart hey. :biggrin::laugh: Only if all else fails.:rolleyes: But you did see the clip recess to put the cable into didn't you Jen58??........:mellow:

JW :laugh:

minelab-gold-monster-1000-coil-connection.jpg

Crikey.........apologise ML and JW I can`t read......... well manuals anyway. Whatever armed with cable ties to secure the cable noted the slot and the penny dropped, clever buggers those MLeers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

Crikey.........apologise ML and JW I can`t read......... well manuals anyway. Whatever armed with cable ties to secure the cable noted the slot and the penny dropped, clever buggers those MLeers.

Bugger..... & it isn't in brale either. Shame on Minelab. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2017 at 7:16 AM, Sourdough Scott said:

Gold Monster fitted with a bamboo shaft. Very lightweight. Just a little bit of sanding to make it easy for the stock clamps to fit. The Jungle Monster. 

20170811_140958.png

20170811_140930.png

2017_081114_0832_078.png

Yurts...bamboo....???? EcoScotto

• Like 1