Sign in to follow this  
madtuna

What To Do When The Weather Sucks?

davsgold    69

and then do the next one mate, and it's blowing a gale here as well. :biggrin:

and thats a nice tail in the pan there, Oh shoulda went to spec savers, it's all gold

cheers dave

• Like 1

madtuna    443

Yep.. wind here would rip your mum clean off the dunny!

just finished the next one, not quite as good but not complaining

ut4WV7U.jpg

• Like 6

Jen58    224

Nice!!! 

Looks like this wind isnt bothering you any at all

wind gusts up to 48 ks :ohmy:

Yep the wind is a rocking the caravan, pushing us over, lucky we nailed everything down

now its raining

so what do we do??

easy.. sit on our dairy airs.. on the internet :biggrin:

• Like 1

madtuna    443

only 48ks?

fair dinkum..I feel like Dorothy here! just saw a camel fly passed my window

• Like 2

davsgold    69

Hey Jen you must be sitting in the eye of the cyclone if it's only 48km wind gusts. :biggrin:

Bit Windy.jpg

Jen58    224

Sitting in the eye!!!! 

Geez Dave maybe where i get my information is sooo wrong.

as its sure is rocking us about. And it's getting worse :blink:

Jen58    224
52 minutes ago, madtuna said:

only 48ks?

fair dinkum..I feel like Dorothy here! just saw a camel fly passed my window

Hahaha

Northeast    196

Where are you Jen (roughly)?  My parents in law are in the shire of Sandstone slowly making their way back to Vic - wonder if they are getting the same?  They don't seem to have any phone/net coverage though.

Trent King    116

Would be the same in Sandstone, blowing the birds out of the trees in Meeka.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By RedDirtDigger
      I did the annual 5 and a half day drive from east oz to the Pilbara area in western Australia for 8 weeks prospecting with a friend. Floods earlier in the year scoured the creeks out and that helped, but a lack of natural fires meant many places are covered in thick spinifex  giving you only about 10% of the ground to detect on.  We managed 23 ounces between us, which was not brilliant considering we know a fair few places from earlier trips. But the trip, scenery, camping and people we met made the annual trip something great and I can't wait for the dry winter WA prospecting season to start each year. Some of the gold...hundreds of nuggets were sub grammers, my best was a 76 gram flatty found at about 26 inches down with the 19 coil. My favourite piece is the squashed leaf gold nugget with little pyramidal gold crystals on its surface. cheers RDD
      Ps. I hope to visit the US and take in the scenery/people......and detect a couple nuggets from some of your iconic goldfields one day.

• By Steve Herschbach
      "After 51 years in the workforce and eight months into retirement, I left Inverell in NSW on February 1 with caravan in tow. My final destination was Victoria’s Golden Triangle but the route I was taking is not recommended if you want to get there fast."
      Read the rest of the story here
    • By fredmason
      Gold Prospecting Australia
      Mark Hyde is a very good guide...too bad he is ending these tours.  I wish him and his wife all the best.
      The good news is that their Victoria sessions are still available...
      Mitchel, you better get signed up!
      fred
    • By fredmason
      http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12697
      I seen this posted on Chris G's forum. All Inclusive Tours are rare in Oz.  It is not the cheapest way to hunt gold in Oz but it solves so many problems that I think it is worth the cost.
      I may have met Kim and Co in my travels but I do not have any experience with them...as always, do diligence is required.
      fred
    • By Aussieau
      Gday Guys n Gals,
      I thought i would retell this story from my page a few weeks ago as it still blows my mind that it happened :). Bob a lovely gentlemen from Northern California came across to Western Australia for a once in a lifetime adventure that he had been dreaming about for many decades. He wanted to prospect in the red dirt and flew across for 3 weeks with his next door neighbour Fred and a 7000 and a modded GP extreme(not the ideal detector unfortunately). After arriving he spent a few days doing an in class prospecting course which enabled him to use the company that was running the courses leases around town. Unfortunately Fred and himself didnt have much luck swinging there detectors and it reached the last day before they were heading back home the next day. For the entire 3 weeks i tried to get him to join me on a tag along tour(free of charge as my wife is american and i didnt want him going home empty handed) to some better ground but he persisted on his own until the last day where he finally gave in and decided to join me in a different area that i had access too. The guys only had a few hours before having to drive back to town before nightfall and in the last hour of the day and in fact his last hour detecting in Australia he managed to ping a fantastic 18 gram speci with approx 12 grams of gold in it! Unfortunately Fred who had never detected before this trip and using the GP extreme didnt find anything but Bob went home with a nice little chunk and in his words "at least my neighbours wont laugh at me now!" statement :) Made my day and i believe the gold gods rewarded him for his days & weeks of swinging that 7000 around Australia.
      Steve

Congrats to bob who joined me on a one day tag along for his last day of a three week prospecting trip from America, three weeks he hadn't found a thing by himself with his 7000. Last hour of his last day detecting and he pulls out an 18 gram specie with approx 10-12 grams of gold! Absolutely made my day ! Well done bob ! Goes to show a little local knowledge goes a long way! 
      ✋✋✋✋Nugget in the Hand Prospecting✋✋✋✋✋✋👍

• By Condor
      What's the good word on NursePaul in OZ?  You didn't use him for Croc bait did you?  Post some pictures of all the gold he has recovered from your secret spots.