What To Do When The Weather Sucks?

31 minutes ago, Jen58 said:

We are Down below Leinster 

I had to Google it but just a bit East south east of where they are - cool. 

Yeah, they are seasoned travelers so they'll be holed up somewhere.

I must say, when looking at that area on Google maps/satellite view it is really just many different shades of brown.  Our good old wide brown land :wink:

53 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Hey there Sis, I was just taking the piss:biggrin: But 48 ks isnt  hugely windy. Looks like you are in for a bit of crap weather towards the end of the weekend & into monday. Make those sunbakers stand out more:biggrin: Your temps aren't too bad though.

Good luck to you & brother Mike.

JW :smile:

Thats ok bro.. if you cant take the piss out of family :rolleyes: life would be boring :biggrin:

we get one or two crappy days, then back to great detecting weather.. 

Hopefully there may be some sunbakers for everyone over here..

hey Northeast

if they are camped out from a town or mine site, they wont have phone coverage.

• Like 1

Been planning on a few days detecting this week. Worked my but off doing extra work in my business and at home so I didn't feel guilty heading off for a few days. Checked the weather and it looks like the area im going to is going to have up to 20mm of rain. It's a  6-hour return trip so a little annoying if I don't get a reasonable amount of time detecting in. Anyway, it's 2 weeks since my last swing and im keen to get back and see if the area has any more surprises waiting, so I'm going anyway.

Not too bothered by wet ground but i hope there's no bad EMI which makes running the 18" a pain. I'll take a few plastic bags to cover the control box and keep detecting if it's only light rain. Worse case scenario I don't get a lot of detecting in but I can always walk for miles and look for spots which look good for detecting and put them into the GPS for next time. 

• Like 1

Hey Jin.  Tuesday looks the worst but you'll be right.  Best of luck to you.  Hopefully we'll get to see another yellow haul like the last lot you put up   :wink:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

21grs from about 5kg of rock sample with no signals or visible gold, hope the rest is like this:smile:

iNvB5k4.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi JW.

Ran a Falcon probe through the hole plus through a tub of about 60kg of rock and got a fair few bits out that signalled plus stand alone tiny nuggets.

The probe was great but too finicky and hard to know if it was signalling on gold or mineralization. I haven't had a great deal of experience with the Falcon and it was a loan job.

Have no access to a GB or Monster. For now I'll just chase the reef and what's directly against it and whack the whole lot through the crusher testing along the way.

• Like 1

G'day Madtuna,  My very limited experience with the falcon was pretty much like yours so I reckon it's a matter of getting the hang of it, Hopefully some experienced operators of the falcon probe chine in with some advice.  Great to hear the reef hasn't run out yet for you. What do you think of the small crusher your using ?  ( You were talking about purchasing a small crusher some time back ) 

Cheers

Ashley

4 hours ago, Ashley100456 said:

G'day Madtuna,  My very limited experience with the falcon was pretty much like yours so I reckon it's a matter of getting the hang of it, Hopefully some experienced operators of the falcon probe chine in with some advice.  Great to hear the reef hasn't run out yet for you. What do you think of the small crusher your using ?  ( You were talking about purchasing a small crusher some time back ) 

Cheers

Ashley

Hi Ash,

Loved the small crusher, I trialled it but haven't bought one yet. It may not be big enough for the amount of material I might have (hopefully) but I'll probably get one anyway.

I did crush a stack in it's bigger brother but was not happy with the screen size on that one (1.5mil) I want to get it as close to powder as possible.

I do have a Keene crusher but it's off getting a new motor on it at the moment and not sure when I'll have it back.

Yep the Falcon worked well and it was probably my lack of experience with it. It was loaned to me so I didn't get to play with it for too long.

28 minutes ago, davsgold said:

Nice going Steve, gotta be happy with that, have you looked at the rocks that make no sound on a detector with a jewelers loop, you maybe able to see some specks of gold that way.

cheers dave

Staring through a loupe till I go blind Dave.

Can see fine gold in some and nothing in other stuff.