• Announcements

• Steve Herschbach

Archives Closed - New Forums   10/16/2017

The old archive system has been closed and the threads moved to new forums. See the full forum listing here. Detailed explanation here.
Sign in to follow this  
normmcq

CTX 3030 Battery Question

I know it is ok to use the 3030 battery in the GPZ. Is it ok to use the GPZ battery in the CTX? I am thinking the larger battery would help with balance when using the large coil.

Any thoughts?

Norm

Yeah they are the same voltage just more capacity, i use my Z battery when ever I forget to charge my CTX battery.

• Like 1

The CTX and GPZ rechargeable batteries interchange just fine. The CTX battery will run the GPZ about a half day - I always have one with me for backup. And the GPZ battery will nearly double the operating time of the CTX.

The CTX AA battery pack WILL NOT work with the GPZ.

minelab-gpz-7000-battery-compatibility.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Steve, I thought I read that someplace before I got the CTX.

Norm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By sjmpainter
      Looking to buy rechargeable 9 volt battery`s. Wow a lot of options out there and I am clueless on all of it.

Any suggestions on battery type and brands. Also is their and difference on the chargers?

Seems the more I search the more confused I get.

HELP.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      For a long time the standard in VLF detectors was 12V operation. Eight AA cells, perhaps still the best example being White's Electronics and their AA battery pack.
      There are a few detectors running a single 9V battery, like the Gold Bug Pro, but they are pretty rare. Tesoro is the main proponent on a few models. The new standard is 6V or four AA cells. Many examples there like the X-Terra 705, AT Gold, or FORS Gold.
      Now we have the new Fisher F11, F22, and F44 running off two AA batteries. 3V operation.
      There is no direct connection to battery voltage and depth in modern VLF detectors. In general I have always looked at more battery mass as simply meaning longer battery life. But even that appears to no longer be true. New low current designs are getting good running times out of fewer batteries.
      Nothing earth shattering here, just a general observation. The main thing we are seeing is the overall reduction in weight possible by using fewer batteries.
      Just a FYI. The main drain on batteries is the detector speaker system. Number one way to boost running time? Use headphones.
    • By 57buick
      So rather than spend $200 for the XP branded case I thought I could do better. So first I bought the Plano model 108442 gun rifle case for $70 shipped on Amazon

• By Rod K
      Anyone know of any 1.8V AA rechargeable batteries with a high mah for sale? Trying to find something hotter to use in my TDI SL. Or how to go about using 4 of the Panosonic 18650 3.7v 3400mah batteries in the 8 battery box? Still waiting for Whites to have an upgrade available.
    • By Ridge Runner
      We have some detectors that have a battery pack that has to be charged in the unit and others that can be removed. The only thing I dislike about the batteries that can't be removed is when this happens you don't have a working detector anymore. I know most have a long charge life but all have a limit on how long that will last. 
      Now give me a detector that a battery pack that can be removed to be charged and have a pack you can drop in to keep detecting is in my opinion is the best way to go.
      I'm sure everyone has their opinion and I'd like to hear yours.
      Chuck
      PS At this time I have just one Scuba Tector that batteries can't be removed
    • By Steve Herschbach
      There appears to be a new genuine by Minelab smaller battery option available for the GPX series. Oddly enough it is not on the Minelab site and no reference to it anywhere except one Australian dealer http://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-gpx-small-lightweight-battery/
      Part number 3011-0332 and less than half the weight, 18.6 wH good for around three hours.