Sign in to follow this  
normmcq

CTX 3030 Battery Question

I know it is ok to use the 3030 battery in the GPZ. Is it ok to use the GPZ battery in the CTX? I am thinking the larger battery would help with balance when using the large coil.

Any thoughts?

Norm

Yeah they are the same voltage just more capacity, i use my Z battery when ever I forget to charge my CTX battery.

• Like 1

The CTX and GPZ rechargeable batteries interchange just fine. The CTX battery will run the GPZ about a half day - I always have one with me for backup. And the GPZ battery will nearly double the operating time of the CTX.

The CTX AA battery pack WILL NOT work with the GPZ.

minelab-gpz-7000-battery-compatibility.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Steve, I thought I read that someplace before I got the CTX.

Norm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Pops
      Thanks Steve! Just wondering how that would work for a carry on on an airplane, I don't trust check in with anything electronic plus from what I've read, lithium battery items aren't allowed in check in so want to make sure it's travel worthy.
      I figured there would be headphones as well since bluetooth isn't an option for submersion. 
      Thanks!
    • By phrunt
      Has anyone tried using a Lithium Li-ion battery in their Gold Bug Pro? 
      I thought I would order a few to see what they're like, they are yet to arrive. 
      These are the ones I ordered out of interest https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-NEW-Etinesan-9V-3600mWh-lithium-li-ion-rechargeable-li-polymer-battery-for-Microphone-GPS-remote/32811854849.html
      It seems like they would provide long life power for the Bug and they charge using a USB cable so I could use my phone charger in the car to charge them up if i'm out and about.
      If they work out I'll get them for my Carrot too

• By Lunk
      I was delighted to discover that the 12-volt vehicle charger for the GPZ 7000 also fits the the rechargeable battery of the Gold Monster 1000...buh-bye inverter & alligator clips!
    • By Goldgetter
      Anybody try this is it new? Any info?

https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/eq-spirit-battery-special/

From https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/eq-spirit-li-ion-battery/ :

This battery is designed to function with all of the Minelab "gold" detectors. Voltage can be adjusted to suit each type of detector. It is possible to use the battery as standard, but it is recommended that you attach the battery to the detector and run it using the Wireless LINK. The headphone or speaker jack is inserted into the LINK and the detector is free of cables.

The LINK and the battery are re-charged separately. The sound quality of the battery is very high. The battery is re-charged with standard Minelab GPX chargers. If you need to buy the chargers when you buy a battery we are selling the chargers at $60.00 for both the 12V and 240V.

There are Noise Cancelling Headphones that work with this battery as well.

• By Rege-PA
      I need to replace my original Minelab rechargeable C batteries. I have used a set with 6000mAH and they work great,
      Now I see that 10000mAH C batteries are available and much cheaper than the 6000aMH   I purchased 2yrs ago, has anyone used these and is the run time longer?
    • By sjmpainter
      Looking to buy rechargeable 9 volt battery`s. Wow a lot of options out there and I am clueless on all of it.

Any suggestions on battery type and brands. Also is their and difference on the chargers?

Seems the more I search the more confused I get.

HELP.