The Loss Of My Forums

Just a heads up concerning the Alaska Gold Forum and The New 49'ers forum for those who may be wondering why they can't access these forums.

The main servers went down last week. No one knows why and the  board providers cannot be reached to fix the problem. At this time it is unknown if or when these forums will come back online. There is a very real chance that they will not come back and I am now looking at different options for bringing them back under a different message board provider.

The worst part of this is not just losing the forums for the mining community and loyal contributors and readers, it is also the loss of many years of valuable information.

I just wanted to let people know why they cannot access these forums any more. Many times things like this happen and no one ever knows why. What has happened is beyond my ability to remedy as the forums administrator because the board format owners and servers belong to their owners. I have no way to fix the problem.

Wow Jim, I'm sure sorry about your and our loss of these forums. I've been a user/contributor for many years. I hope all turns out well.

Thanks for all your efforts Jim,

Mike

Thanks guys, but actually it is you who have made my forums what they were. Without what members have contributed they would have been useless.

I'll try to have something up again soon, I was kinda waiting to see if the forums might come back. Whatever I decide of for a forum host will be quite different from the old format you are used to, but we'll make them work.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up beav. It is six am here on the west coast and I just saw your post notification in my email. You are right, they are back up. I have no idea why, or if it will last. I did send a plea for help to the Best Boards owner yesterday. I didn't think it would do anything since no one in his company has heard from him in a year. But something has happened.

Thank you all for your concern and condolences.

Hi Jim.

Is there any way you could transfer everything to  new platform?

I have always found the current platform kinda clunky and not the most user friendly.

But I gotta say there is SO much useful info on your forum it would be a terrible loss if it ever goes away.