Bigfoot Coils On Ebay

A guy has a bunch of Bigfoot coils on ebay.     None of them appeared to be sealed.  One of them has a picture of the insides.   For your viewing enjoyment.....the inside view of a Bigfoot coil.

s-l1600.jpg

bigfoot closeup1.jpg

Bigfoot closeup2.jpg

• Like 2

I have an Eagle Spectrum with 6", 9", 12" hothead and a Bigfoot coil.

I have been thinking about selling it. It is a great machine and I don't think the DFX or MXT have any advantages over it when using the bigfoot.

Not sure yet though if I really want to sell........ Anything is possible though.

I have been wondering if I set the V3i on 7.5 if I could use the bigfoot at that freq...... Guess I could call White's about it unless anybody here knows.

Evidently this guy has access to this left over stuff up from Jim Karbowski's workshop.   He has added another in-process coil to the list. 

Looking at the coil design, I see the nulling coil in the background, with the transmit and receive coils in the fore ground.   That big black thing on the edge is the grounding contact to the paint on the inside of the other half.  It really doesn't look that hard to construct.   

HH
Mike

Jim Karbowski, does he sell custom coils?

After Jim died Jimmy Normandi bought all his Bigfoot inventory and had Roy Van Epps building them in the old defunct Discovery factory. I went there to visit Roy one day, what an eerie place, like a ghost factory. Roy and a helper were building Bigfeet that day, he said only about half of what he built would work right. Health problems forced him to stop, no idea who got all the left over stuff.

There was also a big batch of stuff stored at Whites for building coaxial Eliminator coils (also Karbowski). Like the Bigfoot, those were also unique and useful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1