Good old reliable 

Great pics and commentary as usual JW! I actually just picked up a GB2 on a deal I couldn't pass up. I haven't used one in years - I've actually neglected everything but pulse induction for quite some time-  but hope to get it out for it's maiden voyage this weekend.

Great post!  I bought my Gold Bug 2 back in the early 90's, still working fine, it has a 5 digit serial number, just to let you know how old it is.  Now the serial numbers are in the millions, I suspect..

Have a great day!

~LARGO~

• Like 1

I've got TWO Bug2s being neglected since I got the Monster....at least they can keep each other company lol! Might sell one if anyone interested.

Great post again, JW!

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the comments. The GB2 certainly is a great little detector. I love that little 6x3 sniper coil & that is the only coil I have for it.

IdahoPeg, I have to admit I had shelved my GB2 not long after I got the GM 1000. My post above confirms to me that there isn't a big difference between the two on the gold finding. The GB2 still getting its share. I just really like the Auto features & the gold chance indicator/discriminator on the GM 1000. It is always giving you that information without having to flick a switch & the audio really bangs out the signal response. Any adjustments are just right there at a finger push & you can just keep on swinging. Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :smile: 

• Like 2

if you're keen to sell your GB2 for a good price kiwijw I would snap it up if it's affordable, I do live nearby you.

On 05/12/2017 at 9:16 PM, phrunt said:

if you're keen to sell your GB2 for a good price kiwijw I would snap it up if it's affordable, I do live nearby you.

Hi there phrunt,  Mate......sorry but my GB2 is definitely NOT for sale. Would you be keen on an SDC 2300? Comes with camo protection cover plus every thing else that you would get with a new one. Even still have the original box that it came with plus receipt from brand new purchase. :biggrin: Cheers

JW :smile: 

Hello! I would love to but I know it will be waaaay out of my price range! I appreciate the offer and don't blame you for wanting to keep the GB2, I might just have to save my pennies and buy one new but there are some reports the new ones aren't as good as the old ones.  I am unsure if there is any truth in that.

I am most certainly a beginner and my stomping ground has been 12 mile creek but my sluice is doing all the work there, I've had no luck with my Gold Bug Pro at all, probably as I am just learning how to use it.