Amazing Find In A California Gold Camp

This video is just great. These guys are relic and coin detecting an old gold camp in California and get the surprise of their lives! Good stuff. Caution for those who do not like coarse language but emotions run high in this video! The detector used is a Minelab CTX 3030.

• Like 3

What a great area.  Those were all fantastic finds.  That nugget is just is really a precurser to what is there.  It needs a lot more detecting.  The sad thing is it looks like its close to development and will probably end up getting covered up by development like so many other areas.  Lets hope not.

Take care guys.

Wes.

WTG  Great find.

A year ago last summer I was detecting a 1900 ish town dump and found a 7 dwt gold nugget, what a surprise, didn't expect to find a nugget there.

What I love about the video is the switcheroo. I have found coins while nugget detecting, in fact, found my only silver dollar hunting tailing piles. It never really occurred to me that a nugget could be found coin detecting, but it is kind of obvious. Prospectors like carrying pocket pieces, and in the old days gold literally was money that could buy things. In California there was far more placer gold around than coins in the old days and just as much chance of a gold nugget getting dropped as a gold coin. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks Steve for sharing the video,  Seen it yesterday before going to work sure was a treat seeing these guys pull some cool stuff then the nugget.

Thanks again,

Paul (Ca)