New Patch Gives Gold X 2

Nice job sniffing out the gold...it's hard to come by these days...keep us informed on your progress!

strick

• Like 1

7 grams of 14K is always welcomed.

That 10k thing looks a bit off though.   

HH
Mike

• Like 1

10k can take on a rather coppery look. I found a large 10 k mens ring that was all dark and coppery looking... tossed it in the junk rings box.... then I ran across a post about that so I pulled it back out and polished it up ...... well the rest is history...LOL

It's all about the alloy in the ring.

• Like 1

I'm about done with the beaches, on to the parks!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

I'm about done with the beaches, on to the parks!

Good luck!

Ya know, I question the conventional wisdom that one must hunt water or sand to find the most gold jewelry. Yes, they are commonly lost at those places, and concentrated (if you find a virgin area) but most people spend 99% of thier lives on dry land away from the beach. Whatever quantity of gold is lost and concentrated at the beach must pale in comparison to what is lost and semi-concentrated to scattered on dry turf.

Then there is competition from past and present. Beaches seem to be the place for low hanging fruit and easy harvest, but those locations are mostly about recent drops anymore. Who can get the coil over it first, or punches deepest gets the gold!

At parks, in my area at least, these shallow rings might have seen a hundred coils over them before me. They were found in high probability locations, right where they ought to be, but they were never dug.

Energy spent may be a factor for some, but consider the energy spent walking miles of beach, swinging and only occassionally digging  due to distance between signals. On turf one can hunker down in a 100' area and easily pop shallow targets left and right, expending more energy digging and less energy walking and swinging. My beach experience was more walking and less digging  while my park experience is the opposite. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not out swinging for a walk, I'm out swinging for gold to dig so I prefer to spend time digging in signal dense high probability sub-locations when I'm after it. Just like a beach, gold can be anywhere at a park but it tends to be in somewhat predictable zones where it's expected to be...only very few people seem to try. In my area that's just fine to me.

Which gives me a basic idea for a personal challenge and experiment. 24 hour gold challenge! - semi-random selection of a park by someone else with a 24 hour time limit to find gold there.

One would really have to be selective in many areas of detecting to pull it off more than a few times.

.....just ramblin' on over coffee... :rolleyes:

• Like 3