Talk To Tom Boykin Of White's Electronics And Possibly Win An MX Sport

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017, History Seekers welcomes guest Thomas Boykin, project manager, of White's Electronics, Inc. We will be discussing what detectorist want to see in the next generation of metal detectors. This is a great opportunity for loyal listeners from all experience levels to have input. Get your questions and suggestions ready, due to call volume time will be limited to approximately 30-40 seconds. 

Tune in live on Agust 29 at 9:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Central directly from our web page under the media section (historyseekers.net) OR directly via www.spreaker.com/historyseekers

How to win the White’s MX Sport

Be sure to like the History Seekers and White's Electronics, Inc. Facebook page to stay up to date on this show! Thomas Boykin from White’s Electronics will be on the show Tuesday, August 29, 2017 to talk about your suggestions as well as to give away an MX SPORT! 

Here is how to enter to win:

1. Go over to the Whites web page and request a free catalog. Be SURE to enter a valid email (must be the same email used to submit step 2). Request here: www.whiteselectronics.com/request-catalog

2. Submit your suggestion for features/abilities that you would like to see on your next detector. You must submit a brief suggestion to info@historyseekers.net . You must also include your correct shipping name/address/telephone number (contact info in case you win)

3. You can make multiple suggestions but only ONE entry is counted for the drawing. 

4. All entries must be received at least 3 hours prior to the start of the History Seekers Show (9:00 PM EST) to be entered in the contest. 

We will be talking about suggestions made and taking callers to discuss your thoughts on them on air. A winner will be announced by White’s at the end of the History Seekers show. If the announced winner did not properly qualify a runner up will be chosen later at the discretion of White’s Electronics. In the event that the show must be rescheduled for any reason, the contest would be rescheduled and announced later. This contest is not connected with Facebook. It is free to enter with no purchase necessary and void where prohibited. If you would always like to see these types of contests be sure to click on History Seekers and Whites Facebook page then click the follow and select see first. This will ensure that you always get notified of events on both pages.

IMG_0583.JPG

• Like 2

This is a huge part of my guiding principle in my new position - a company should design what the customers need. Everything else is a waste of time. Of course you can't figure out what people need just by asking... but it's a good start!

I don't think it is sufficient for manufacturers to slap an accessory on an existing product and sell it as new any more. Truly new technology is where it's at.

Looking forward to the discussion and hope some of the forum members here will chime in.

• Like 1

Tom, I hope you get some new suggestions and insights beyond what I, and others, have given you already.  Our suggestions were entirely related to gold prospecting detectors.  I'm sure you will get ideas from others related to all the other forms of detecting.  Looking forward to a face to face meeting to discuss all these ideas.

Digger Bob

• Like 1

Coils Coils Coils......

My biggest hang up right now is good detectors and no proper coils for the job.  

Make me a Cleansweep/Bigfoot size coil for my V3.   You know, 3 x 18" or a 4" x 20" or something like that.  Doesn't even have to be multi frequency if you can't manage it, even just a  single at 7.5 kHz or a single at 22.5 would be ok.  

Also I need a 7" concentric for the V3's correlate mode.   The 9.5 does ok but there are times I need a 7" concentric.   The little 5.3" is too small.

We limp around with other coils because we have no choice.    Give us a choice to match our horse to the course.

HH
Mike

• Like 3

Let's assume you guys can't mass produce a BigFoot coil. Fine. How about a Tesoro Cleansweep clone? It is just an elongated DD - should not be a problem.

Slap it on something like the MX5 and call it the Jewelry Vacuum or Kenny's Super Sweeper. Whatever. I will buy one.

BeachHunter ID is gone. Where is the V3i stuffed in MX Sport case that should replace it? Lose all the excess controls except what can reasonably be accessed via the MX Sport buttons and menus. In fact it could all be the same just add one more option to choose between frequency settings. It would be better yet with a coil as described above as an optional accessory item.

MX Sport needs built in wireless headphones to eliminate this....

whites-mx-sport-headphone-pigtail-attached.jpg

As Steve said " Where is the V3i stuffed in MX Sport case ". I have to agree. However, with some nice additions.

1 Wireless headphones

2 Lithium battery pack with house and auto battery charger also an optional AA battery pack.

3 Easy to read display. Possibly OLED

4 Keep the weight below 4 pounds. Better if 3 pounds.

5 Good coil selection. 6 x 9, 11, 15 inch DD and a Bigfoot coil for Steve.

6 Increase the search depth to 12 to 13 inches.

7 All of the above included for the price of $999.99

Remember not to rely on products of the past to keep a company alive. Innovate for the future. You have great resources just at this forum.

Mike

On 8/30/2017 at 1:52 PM, MikePfeiffer said:

As Steve said " Where is the V3i stuffed in MX Sport case ". I have to agree. However, with some nice additions.

1 Wireless headphones

2 Lithium battery pack with house and auto battery charger also an optional AA battery pack.

3 Easy to read display. Possibly OLED

4 Keep the weight below 4 pounds. Better if 3 pounds.

5 Good coil selection. 6 x 9, 11, 15 inch DD and a Bigfoot coil for Steve.

6 Increase the search depth to 12 to 13 inches.

7 All of the above included for the price of $999.99

Remember not to rely on products of the past to keep a company alive. Innovate for the future. You have great resources just at this forum.

Mike

Good points and well-noted.