Mining Partners? ( Do's & Don'ts )

iMine

I have a couple friends that I mine or detect with. Been hunting and fishing with these fellas for decades and trust them like brothers. When detecting we head out different directions. We meet back at camp or the truck at a given time. Finders/keepers on this one and as they swing the best available GPX/GPZ series while me with my TDI.......Oh well suppose I'll always be a drywasher first and speaking of that;

Drywashing is hard work as the more dirt gets processed generally the more gold in the box. Nuggets found in the header/tailing piles are shared (as is everything in the tray). Usually we do the gold split at the end of the day before chow.

All expenses split accordingly and camp chores shared except that I do all of the cooking and they do dishes. This is only so because neither one  can cook worth a damn.

• Like 2

Most partnerships generally fall out from financial pressures.  If you got your finances sorted and a good plan from the start your off to a good start.

its also good to find someone with different skills to yourself, opposites attract, same argue about how to do it lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I'd like to find someone that compliments my weaknesses... I'm a big picture person going 200mph on 10 lines of thought at any given moment.. sometimes I miss less than significant details right in front of me. I definitely wasn't an accountant in a previous life as strict budgeting isn't my strong point. I do, however, possess quite the nose for gold hounding..

On ‎7‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:50 AM, Hobo said:

Its been my experience that the most trustworthy people are the ones who are the most trusting. (With some exceptions)

Well said Hobo. That's been my experience as well, without exception.