Gold Found With Anything But A Minelab?

So where are the posts from people using Fisher, Garrett, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro, White's, XP, and other brands of detectors other than Minelab?

According to my last detector survey there are lots of Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, TDI/TDIPro/TDISL/SPP, and GMT/GM3/VSAT out there in particular.

Yet when I review any metal detecting forums anywhere nugget finds posted with these machines are few and far between. Do people own these machines but don't use them much? Too shy to post? Intimidated by the "Minelab Mafia"?

You people that do outings. What do you observe as far as detector ownership and people finding gold? How much success are people having with non-Minelab detectors?

So where are you guys and gals? Do you exist and do you find gold?

Steve

This is the only forum that the owner of it is not a Minelab dealer. It's like JW said this is the only open forum. The trouble still most on here are Minelab user and some may feel or still not sure it's okay to post.

I say by you starting this post will open the door to let all know it's okay if you don't own  a Minelab to nugget hunt. Just maybe we'll see more show and tell now.

Chuck 

• Like 1

There are many forums not owned by Minelab dealers, Findmall and Treasurenet in particular. Treasurenet probably gets the most "not Minelab" nugget finds posted. Even there though they are few and far between. Findmall has many brand and even model specific forums. Take a look at the Gold Bug Pro Forum at Findmall however and what you see are coins, relics, and jewelry finds. Same with AT Gold or even Minelab X-Terra forums, etc.

White's has their own forums. Check out the GMT Forum - where's the gold? The TDI Forum is even slower.

At least LukeJ posted some Goldmaster V/SAT finds over at Bill's Forum recently.

Steve H and 6.85 oz "Ugly Nugget" found with White's MXT in 2002...

steve-herschbach-whites-mxt-gold-nugget.jpg

• Like 5

Never felt intimidated by Minelab .  I find "some" gold about every other day just care not to post it.

Here's some I found last Tuesday.  Can't get a better picture as the gold has gone to a new owner.

2+ pennywt. Fd. with GB2

tuesdays gold.jpg

• Like 8

Here is a little gold found with my  Makro Gold Racer earlier this year on a sort outing. I really like the Makro detectors but my Monster has been getting all the use since I got it. The Gold Racer's not going anywhere at this time though.  It's more versatile then the Monster.  

Bryan

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Most of the gold I have found with a detector over the past 35 years has been with a Garret Ground Hog, original Gold Bug and Gold Bug 2.  I have a couple of Minelabs but up till recently ( introduction of the GM1000)  I prefered to hunt with a light wt. detector my biggest Gold Bug nugget was 9 oz..       I have never posted pics.

• Like 3