Gold Found With Anything But A Minelab?

37 minutes ago, tboykin said:

Some of the best prospectors in the world will never be known because they don't trust the Internet with all of their secrets...

No truer words have ever been said........

2 hours ago, tboykin said:

Some of the best prospectors in the world will never be known because they don't trust the Internet with all of their secrets...

I know of several nugget hunters and prospectors who never post on the internet,

• Like 2

I recently found a few 'sassy' bits with my Goldmaster V/sat.  :biggrin:  The dinks on the patina'd dime were found with the DD shooter and the pieces on the shiny dime were found with the 6" GMT concentric.  The two smallest crumbs on the shiny dime were actually found by a good friend of mine using a blue waterproof foldable model of detector.  :wink:

Luke

20170823_085849 (2).jpg

20170827_111758 (2).jpg

• Like 6

.....and since you brought it up.  :tongue:

Here's some gold found last November with my Makro Gold Racer and the 6" elliptical.

:smile:

I think it's fun to change it up every now and then.  Especially in a spot you've found gold with other detectors.  Often times, it's very surprising what turns up in a place you thought was 'hammered'.

Luke

20161120_132810 (2).jpg

• Like 4

Back when I first found Gold I had so much trouble with people trying to find out what and where that I never posted it because some folks just get nasty when you do what they can't, I have only post 2 coin finds in the past 7 years because of it, Gold does strange things to people, "Me" I don't care if I find it or not, It is a great happy feeling to find it but I would rather keep that feeling to my self and say nothing. I have done ok but no where near what you guys have.

Here's a couple of nice finds from Whites web site,

12 ozt+  https://www.whiteselectronics.com/find/mxt-finds-12-2-ounce-nugget/

MXT Gold Magnet, https://www.whiteselectronics.com/find/mxt-is-a-gold-magnet/

John.

• Like 1

I recovered these nuggets one day in July 2017 with the XP Deus HF elliptical coil. Ten nuggets, 4.7 grains total weight. There are 480 grains per Troy ounce and with an average weight of less than half a grain I think you can agree this is some pretty small stuff. The smallest bits are probably near 1/10th grain or 1/4800th of a Troy ounce. Click picture for larger version.

xp-deus-first-gold-nuggets-herschbach-hf-elliptical.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1