Gold Found With Anything But A Minelab?

On 9/4/2017 at 7:28 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I know LOTS of them that don't. It's entirely possible given the number of people I know that MOST serious prospectors do not post on the internet. I don't think however whether people post or not has any correlation with what brand of detector they use.

I think you could argue that the more someone pays for a luxury good the more likely they are to go online for guidance in using the product. They are then less removed from posting success stories as affirmation of their purchase (and also as an affirmation to the people who helped them along the way).

• Like 1

It could also be argued that people who spend more on their prospecting tools (mine are not luxury items) are more committed and spend more time prospecting. Those with less money into it are possibly less invested in other ways also and can afford to let the detector sit in the closet unused.

1.5 gram and 2.19 gram nuggets I found back in July with the Garrett ATX.IMG_1424.JPG

• Like 5

Well I got to thinking about the cost of certain detectors,  As a stand alone Item some detectors can be seen as expensive but if you look at the whole picture, IE 4x4, camping gear, camper trailer, and all the junk I just bought to go in my truck, in the long run the detector is just a small part of it, because by time I have finished the truck will have cost 4x as much, what drives up the costs is not the detectors it is our ambitions and dreams  and then there is the big boys who haul goose neck trailers and instead of a pick they buy a D9, I think it is the size of our dreams that cost the most.

John.

• Like 2

How about "Anything but gold found with a minelab"

Aluminum 1 wood driver head found in waste rock dumps at the old Whitehorse Copper mine. It sounded so good lol

20170909_162138.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a GMT for a few years till a terrible backing accident in my garage.  Whoops Now I use a Tesoro Lobo after trying a friend's out.  I love how simple it is.  I know it's not the most modern detector but if I'm in the right spot I'll find it.

20160304_150304.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I agree @JDIGGS. I found gold with my Lobo. I got to know it so well I could guess the target almost spot on every time. The switches broke and I got a Racer.. part of me wants a Lobo again!!! I even found a piece of gold less than a 10th of a gram in the middle of the woods! Fun times. 

• Like 2