Replacing The Wm12 With Wireless Earbuds?

Swifty

Wireless earbuds are out on the market now and I am wondering is it possible to replace the wm12 with a Bluetooth or wifi set of earbuds? Is there a spec on the wm12 wireless conection someplace? This would help out a lot with line of site issue I have sometimes when I'm using headphones with the wm12.

Short answer - probably not.

Wi-Stream (used in CTX 3030 and GPZ 7000 detectors)

Wi-Stream uses efficient low-power digital audio transmission to achieve no perceivable audio time lag (<10 ms) from the CTX 3030 / GPZ 7000 to the WM 10 / WM 12. With multiple channel capability, this wireless technology provides reliable communication with maximum sound quality. Wi-Stream does not transmit audio data, like other technologies (e.g. Bluetooth). Instead packets of data are sent to the WM 10 / WM 12 and then converted to an audio signal within the WM 10 / WM 12. This increases the speed of signals and greatly reduces the effects of electrical noise. The Wi-Stream radio signal is transmitted from the control panel . Therefore, if the CTX 3030 control panel is submerged underwater the radio signal will be blocked by the water and no target signals will be produced from the WM 10 / WM 12.

Wi-Stream Specifications Frequency: 2.4 GHz ISM band (same band as Bluetooth)
Power: <2 mW - transmit from both detector control panel and WM 10 / WM 12
Channels: 14
Wireless compliance standards: ETSI EN 300 440-1: V1.6.1 (2010-08) Electromagnetic Compatibility with Radio Spectrum Matters and ETSI EN 300 440-2: V1.3.1 (2008-11) Electromagnetic Compatibility with Radio Spectrum Matters