Gpz 7000 Starting Out Video

gambler

Hi guys, in your opinion, what is the best vid on youtube for someone just starting out with the gpz? Maybe something that walks you through the start up settings and stuff.

Guest Jennifer

Start off with Nenad's videos, here's a sample of one (look on his channel for the rest)...  sadly most videoes are simply dig videos as opposed to how to use videos but Nenand's are great because he'll show different settings on buried targets etc so you can hear the differences.

Jen

two quick questions, 1. he uses his hand a lot over the coil, can I assume the z isnt sensitive to human hands like a vlf?

2. why doesn't he use a pinpointer?

No hand sensitivity issues with the Zed. It's hot but not quite that hot. Only Nenad can answer the pinpointer question for sure - he may drop in to comment. I personally rarely need a pinpointer with the GPZ14 but found a VLF with smaller coil handy to have around when using the GPZ19.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No hand sensitivity issues with the Zed. It's hot but not quite that hot. Only Nenad can answer the pinpointer question for sure - he may drop in to comment. I personally rarely need a pinpointer with the GPZ14 but found a VLF with smaller coil handy to have around when using the GPZ19.

I have pinpointed some very small nuggets with the 19 easier than with the 14!  I keep pushing piles around with my feet, scoop and hands with the 14 if it is small.

Mitchel

• Like 1

thanks guys and gal:smile: so I am ok to use the garret carrot with the gpz if I need it? no cross interferance?

I do use pin-pointers when it is a deep target, particularly in hard ground, where you really don't want to open it up too much. Saves a tonne of time! 

Pin-pointers simply don't have the sensitivity to small targets like a gold detector does, so trying to find a tiny target with a pin-pointer is pretty tricky. Much quicker using a scoop. 

• Like 4