New White's Detector On The Way?

From https://www.whiteselectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017_5.pdf, page 3....

"NEW MACHINE ON THE HORIZON?

Rumors have been swirling about what machine White’s will release next. Some speculate that it could be a 12kHz “MX Maxxx” sold with a $200 higher price tag. Others imagine White’s going back to its roots, releasing an old-school BFO machine that weighs 8 lbs and runs on 4 C-cell batteries.

Inside sources seem to point to some kind of mid-priced, high-performance detector aimed at customers who need a deep-seeking machine at an affordable price point. Only time will tell."

IMG_0634.JPG

Amazing how some companies can continue to innovate and release new machines back to back.

But still no earth-shaking change in technology... Just the same old single freq. with perhaps a bit faster GB algorithm.

They need to make some upgrades to the V3i.

Now don't get me wrong here ... I love my White's machines. But that doesn't mean they can't improve on things And make some serious advances like they did with the V when it came out.

• Like 2

It's going on 9 years with the V3i and nothing new for the top end White's detector. I'm not holding my breath for anything cutting edge. My first detector was a White's in 1975, and I was a White's dealer in the 90's. Although I still have a few White's detectors, I do about 98% of my detecting with Makro & Nokta units now. If it wasn't for the BigFoot coils, all my White's would go bye-bye. 

Tom, Your right about the V3i. When 10 year old technology is your flagship line, it makes it difficult to make a come back as a technology leader. I read an article somewhere on the web just the other day and some guy said the only innovator of  metal detectors is Minelab and the European companies are in the running with ergonomics.  There is noting coming out of America. Maybe White's and First Texas will do something. Just not going to hold my breath.

7 minutes ago, tboykin said:

image.png.5e19aa681348eb8e92e4d10a0fc1bac4.png

That article seems like bait.

That article was in your discover magazine...... Maybe a little editing is in order.

This may sound crazy but I think somebody should make an old fashioned non ground balancing TR detector with modern components and with a good variable autotune circuit. People pay big bucks for used Compass Yukon 77B detectors due to some of the interesting ability of the old 100 kHz TR circuits to treat nails like ground and ignore them. I remember well never digging nails with my old Coinmaster 4 TR. Then the first ground balancing machine came along, the Coinmaster V Supreme. Huge increase in depth, but no discrimination. My digging locations came alive with nails I never knew existed.

Straight TR machines in "no mineral" locations like southern Florida are a secret weapon for some beach detectorists.

A little off subject but the BFO reference got me going!

• Like 2

Tom, I think it was Reddit metal detector. Just a bunch of people chatting. Remember Tom, we are on the outside looking in and you are on the inside and in the know. We are all excited to hear about new detectors. Some of us get disappointed when it's not to our expectations.

• Like 1