New White's Detector On The Way?

In case the first post was too vague for people, the same page in the referenced issue of Discover Magazine has this to say from Ken White....

"Please keep your eyes and ears open for an announcement in the coming months about the newest product from White’s. Until then, happy hunting, and may your days be filled with treasure and good memories this fall."

IMG_0634.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't understand why White's have been sitting on their hands and saying nothing of what's may be coming.

The only thing whatsoever it is it's got to be so hot it will melt a candy bar in your pocket. When you lag behind the power curve you may never pass up your rival. Right now White's rival is Minelab but could be others may jump on the band wagon of new detectors coming out. I just know this is no time to be sleeping.

My trouble I love them both and want both to succeed and more than willing to help both . Well that's until my money runs out.

Chuck 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I just don't understand why White's have been sitting on their hands and saying nothing of what's may be coming.

The only thing whatsoever it is it's got to be so hot it will melt a candy bar in your pocket. When you lag behind the power curve you may never pass up your rival. Right now White's rival is Minelab but could be others may jump on the band wagon of new detectors coming out. I just know this is no time to be sleeping.

My trouble I love them both and want both to succeed and more than willing to help both . Well that's until my money runs out.

Chuck 

When you really think about it it has taken the competition over ten years to come up with anything that may or may not rival the V3i.... Is the V3i perfect? no ... There are a few things that could be improved on , such as the recovery speed and GB tracking speed but if you know how to use a V3i it will really dance.... And that is I think the biggest problem, not many people really know how to use the V3i with all the adjustments available people just overload and try to make too many adjustments without understanding how each affects the balance and soon everything is conflicting.

Am I a V guru?..... Far from it but I have the understanding I need to make the machine do what I want it to do.

So..... We wait and see but in the meantime, I am more than happy with my V3i.

I think the red is probably not going to be the color released .... It does speak prototype though.

J

I think we may be seeing the twin of the MX Sport . I base this on the face looks the same as the MX. The bright color around the face may to let you know up front that this detector is water proof. Just looking at the MX  you wouldn't know it was water proof but by the color says it.

White's really needs a new PI other than the TDI SL. Now if it's a VLF and they want to draw in the nugget hunter plus the coin hunter they for sure will have to put their thinking cap on. It will have some of  what the Equinox has to offer but on the nugget hunting it will have to pass the Gold Monster on detecting nuggets. I would think it will be almost impossible to accomplish this in the short time they got.

I wish all the best to White's and Minelab plus us the buyer.

Chuck

I would rather see them leave the VLF's alone, the MXT and the GMT's work well enough, I would rather see Whites expand on the TDI Pro format making an all new high powered version of the TDI Pro because there is only one real option when it comes to PI's when it comes to raw power.

The MXT was ahead of it's time being really powerful yet simple with sensitivity to match and modern machines are using some of those Ideas with good results with the new Impact and the Nokta Gold+ and the Relic and the Racer etc.

These are good times for detectors with ML and XP doing the high frequency thing and not to mention ML's latest offering, I think we are going to be spoilt for choice soon

• Like 2