Nokta Impact Vs AT Max

Sure impact is allrounder but not depper than at max impact does well on hot grounds as well as garret at max operating frequency give nokta high end but on the other hand it fail in dapth test against garret at max but both achine are good in every point of view the biggest point of both machine is nokta runs on three frequncy 7khz 14khz 20 khz so its all rounder but nokta enginear forgot what garret just make an all terrain waterproof metal detector with 13.6 khz submersible upto 10 feet at last my thaught is sure nokta is used for gold prospective but at max with all terrain can be also allrounder i dnt know y nokta made a great product but did a small mistake that is waterproof i am sure in future they also gonna make impact waterproof then the sell of their product will be higher no other detector can  compare with it then

Not agree. Nokta has DEEP mode...and this mode is really deep. I was find few bigger coins deeper than 11 inches.... I remember AT PRO performance very well.

I don't think so, so AT MAX will be much better...than ATP.

ATP has very good audio, but ergonomy and weight distribution - balance... terrible. Wrist crusher... I still remember this pain very well.

• Like 1

Different people like different detectors for different reasons. If there was a "best" we would all own the same detector. Instead, it is like cars, lots of different models for different people at different price points. There are many popular metal detectors, each with large and very happy user groups.

All you can do is determine what is best for you, not what is best for everybody.

That said there is no doubt in my mind the AT Max will outsell the Impact by huge volumes. Low cost, waterproof, good all around performance, Garrett marketing muscle, and a huge existing Garrett user base will all contribute to this. The truth is outside the forums almost nobody has heard of Nokta detectors compared to how many have heard of Garrett. You don't have to be the "best" to be a best seller. Just good across the board performance at a decent price plus some marketing muscle does the trick.

The Impact is more a niche detector for serious detectorists wanting something different. I do agree the Impact circuit in a waterproof housing would be an interesting product - nothing quite like that on the market.

And it will be waterproof soon. But, Steve has right. It depends what person want to buy it. And what kind of tool searching for. Some peoples loves AKA machines, some not. For one Garrett is too simple for other person too complicated... so. Apples and oranges. What to choose and what is better?

For example I love Whites V3i and I know that is not best machine. But I feel good with this tool in my hand.

• Like 2

Actually, the Impact is 5, 14 & 20kHz. Dilek ( Nokta/Makro) has stated a few times on the forums that a waterproof machine will be out soon. And that's about all I know.  I don't know if it will be multiple freq. or a single freq. and if it will be a Makro or Nokta machine. Hopefully, by springtime, we will know.

Hi Steve,

Ya Monte & I are still beat'n around the old sites trying to scrounge up an old coin or two.

If you ever get tired of finding all that gold, come on up to Eastern OR. we have a few sites we can get knee deep in the iron and rusted tin and have fun. 

• Thanks 1

I wanna know at max 175 ground balance can it find a nugget on hot ground of australia is anyone use at max on hot grounds for nugget hunting i know impacy does well on this with 20 khz but wanna know abt at max highr ground balance capacity can do it or not

I am sure the AT Max and Nokta Impact are very good detectors, as are dozens of other detectors on the market. Single frequency technology hit maximum depth over 20 years ago. There are improvements in packaging and options, but I do not think the AT Max or Impact get depth performance that is really much different than older machines on the market, like the Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, or White's MXT for example. I have not used any VLF metal detector since 1990 that got more depth on coins than my 13 kHz Compass Gold Scanner Pro. VLF Detectors And Depth