Question For The Experts - GPZ Noise Cancel

normmcq

With several GPZs working in a small area, is there a recommended auto tune procedure to tune each other out? 

Norm

• Like 1

Norm,

There is never enough gold in a patch for several GPZs.

You are good at solo hunting.  Don't share your patches!

Mitchel

• Like 1

I too like to be a lone wolf. I did participate in a push a couple of years ago with several detectors on a 150  x 300 foot area. Not an easy deal getting all the detectors to cooperate with each other. Just hoping there might be an other opportunity to test out a better way.

Norm

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2017 at 2:27 AM, normmcq said:

With several GPZs working in a small area, is there a recommended auto tune procedure to tune each other out? 

Norm

Interference from a GPZ's Tx is easily dealt with as mentioned by Steve above, however the biggest issue I have found is interference from Wi-Stream, the interference sounds like a rapid buzzing noise that is hard to identify and can be heard from a lot further away than the regular Tx/Rx if there is a direct line of sight to another GPZ operator. 

To fix you need to manually select another channel through the Connect WM12 menu option of the GPZ, this can be a bit hit and miss because there is no scan function. Best bet is to ask the other operator what channel they are working on then you selecting a different channel. 

JP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1