Hello From Adelaide - Australia

Coiltek

8 hours ago, Coiltek said:

I wonder how many of the UFO coils are still out there!?

Hey Trevor. I contacted you a few times with coil issues and always appreciated your prompt and courteous attention.     But the UFO?
Before I got the 7000, the ufo was my favourite coil, it worked a treat on the 5000. A couple of years before the 7000, I modified mine to get the balance back to the centre of the coil.   Only 3 weeks ago I lent my UFO to a mate to use in a big open area he`s on to with his 4500.  cheers Dave

ufo_2.jpg

An updated version of the UFO with a proper mounting point would be sweet. That one sided mount was really odd.

What I really want somebody to do however is make a BigFoot (figure 8 winding) or Cleansweep style (elongated DD) 3" x 18" coil for any super popular VLF detector. I don't care what VLF detector it fits so much as being able to get the coils new. If I was doing it I would make it for whatever the best selling VLF detector is. Something like the Garrett AT series perhaps? Or the Fisher 19 kHz series? Or the new Minelab?

There is another used BigFoot coil for sale on eBay right now for $750 and it is even admitted to perhaps be defective!

I kind of understand the figure 8 winding being hard to make, but an elongated DD should be easy. Regardless, any coil people are buying used for three and four times what they sold for new should get some bodies attention!

IMG_0628.JPG

• Like 2

Great images there JW! you've got some good ground there in NZ... The 10x5" MONO coils has always been a great coil for all the PI machines. Been around since the SD2100 days and still going strong. keep up the great work!

Good invention of the centre mount for the UFO Dave - some liked the single off centre mount and some didnt but the coil worked and was the first of its kind being open web. There was a limited run of black two wing UFO coils that were released first and i dont know why as I wasnt involved with the coil design back in the early 2000's, but the black versions seemed to have the edge on the terracotta!

Rick - good news about your TDI with one of our coils... we have a new range now made for the TDI machine - slightly different specs which suit the machine better... its quite a good machine indeed. we now make a 6" and 10x5" fully submersible coil - still foam filled but more epoxy in it to prevent water ingress and add weight to help it try to sink a bit.... any pictures of your finds?

Hmmmm long VLF coil hey Steve!!! interesting... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...