Minelab Fix For The GM 1000

Ridge Runner

Hi Stev

Cheers Mate yes contacted them yesterday being the first day of the New Year that they are open here.

The settings I’m running at the moment due to not being able to use it long enough yet to get use to it,  so at the moment I’ve just been running it on Auto normal and on shallow. I’ve got others that I know that just run there’s on manual and flat out with Great success pulling out lots of tiny tiny bits yes they run quite noisy on that setting but there use to it and know the difference between noise and a Target noise , but there not having the same issue I’m having even running there’s on the settings they are.

I’ve given them mine to use and I’ve also used there’s and there’s have ran fantastic!  It’s been great to have other GM’S available to compare mine against and to also give me the faith that it’s not every detector that’s affected and that I’ve just been very unlucky so far!.

I’ve also got a SDC so I’m lucky enough to have something to keep me swinging, But the advantage of the GM 1000 is that it finds even smaller stuff then SDC dose. And yes as I’ve said before I know it’s not every machine or the majority of them,  And I’m certainly not saying or suggested that it’s a majority of then as I’ve seen and used other GM’S without this issue and there fantastic machine’s!!,  But if I hadn’t had used or known other’s with this detector or had been on these forums, the changes are after having 2 machine’s that have had the exact same issue I’m sure I would’ve either lost faith in them or have used it as a tree guard!.

I’m not sure if you use Facebook or not but there are some great GM1000 groups on there and there’s a few guys especially Ricky and Locky on them that are really killing it with them and getting great amounts of tiny bits of gold each day and know how to get the absolute best out of this detector due to them using it every day without fail. 

So I know that they can be a great detector and in no way am I putting them down and really looking forward to being able to get back out there with it.

Cheers