Minelab Equinox Unveiled!

From http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=319462

Pending release of new EQUINOX Series

minelab-equinox-metal-detector-large-studio-photo.jpg

Representing our most significant coin & treasure introduction since the launch of the CTX 3030 in 2012, Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our new EQUINOX Series Metal Detectors.

The EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

minelab-equinox-metal-detector-multi-iq-technology.jpg

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations.  The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

minelab-equinox-600-logo-small.jpg

3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)
Wired Headphones Supplied  

minelab-equinox-800-logo-small.jpg

4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)        
6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)
Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600    USD $649
EQUINOX 800    USD $899

Other regions will have relative pricing, taking into account variables such as foreign currency exchange rates and government sales taxes.

Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks, on minelab.com and the Minelab Facebook page.

• Like 1

Six Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz) plus Multifrequency.
Bluetooth headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module supplied. Waterproof.

All for suggested retail U.S. $899! And the base model with most of that for $649.

I would say Minelab actually did make a lot of detectors obsolete. Maybe not all but a lot of them. And 40 kHz? Yeah, I will be getting one of these!

• Like 2

Minelab's not messing around!  At these price points and features, this is going to sting the competition if these detectors perform.

Bryan

Wow!  Price points are below what I (we) expected.  They are competing with themselves now.

Should I order an 800 or a Monster?  What do they really mean when they say gold?  How small and how good is the id?

If they perform like other Minelabs then this one already has me ...

• Like 1