Minelab Equinox Unveiled!

Who field tested these so far?

1 minute ago, mn90403 said:

Should I order an 800 or a Monster?  What do they really mean when they say gold?  How small and how good is the id?

You know the old saw about dedicated versus multipurpose. Then again there is also "good enough". I guess it all just depends how much of a rush you are in. This is an announcement - I did not see anything about availability.

Steve,

I keep reading the Impact thread (although it bores me) and know your comments about multipurpose and agree.  That is why I ask what does 'gold' mean?  Several things come to mind and I know there will be a wait but there are also a lot of people at Detectival now and they must be able to use one, right?

What the heck happened to the Minelab we all freely complained about - silly prices for stuff?? Now they are pulling a "reverse GPZ" - new tech at a dramatically lower price point - instead of a dramatically higher one.

They just made it hard for anybody to buy their top of the line hobby unit - the CTX - by under cutting it's price by 50%!  

Bold move, but one which I suspect will pay off bigtime.  XP is the company most immediately threatened by this move, along with all the 2nd tier europeans, including the Turks.  First Texas probably saw this coming and made some pretty dramatic price cuts several months ago - now the pressure is on for them to catch up with new machines.

Well done Minelab, we have all been waiting too long for something truly new.

• Like 3

Gunna be reeeeeaaal interesting...

Especially the gold mode on the 800 and how it manages hot ground.  

Anybody keen on a slightly used Monster?  I'm just not sure when it will be available :blink:

Thanks for the vid link Randy. 

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how fast and how accurate the ID is. Minelab is looking to take away some AT Max sales as well as Deus. Cant wait to see some test vids. 

strick 

Looks like a potentially brilliant machine!

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating... as usual.

Hats off to Minelab personnel for keeping stumpfh on this for 9 months!!!

Any independent real world testing  been carried out with this yet?

Testing in the 4 operational modes need to be done to see if it really can beat its rival in each usage sector... e.g.

1- GOLD MODE:- EQUINOX 800 (20 kHz) vs GOLD BUG....... & EQUINOX 800 (40 kHz) vs GM1000 / DEUS HF / GOLD RACER / GB2

2- BEACH MODE:- EQUINOX (multi freq) vs SOVEREIGN GT / EXCALIBER / DEUS 

3- FIELD MODE:- EQUINOX vs DEUS / CTX / RACER 2 / IMPACT / AT PRO

4- PARK MODE:- EQUINOX vs DEUS / CTX3030 / IMPACT / AT PRO

After all that is done, then we can decide if all other single freq vlf's are obsolete!

Any info on weight or coil options yet?

jim