Minelab Equinox Unveiled!

I put my money down for the Gold Monster long before it came on the market. This detector has all of what we want and more but I think I'll stand fast and let all of you buy first. The Gm 1000 I've had for a long time didn't work for me when I got to gold country for the first time. Right now I'd like to know where can I get that shaft that's on the Equinox ? I'd love to put it on my 1000.

The good thing with the Equinox I don't have to travel just out my back door to test it. Like the TV show the price is right.

Looking forward about hearing more on the Equinox and I hope all is good.

Chuck

53 minutes ago, AU_Solitude said:

Oh bummer. Well it still looks like a great machine - I may not be as quick to run and get one though. 

10 feet serves for most people but for diving the machines rated for 100 ft plus are they way to go. I have not done SCUBA for many years now so this fits my Hawaii mask and snorkel needs to a tee. And sure looks to be easier to pack in luggage than my CTX.

The more l learn about this detector, the more I realize what a big hurt Minelab just put on the competition.. I almost feel sorry for them. Especially the company's that just came out with new detectors.  They suddenly look outdated and clumsy by a large margin...  

Bryan

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

10 feet serves for most people but for diving the machines rated for 100 ft plus are they way to go. I have not done SCUBA for many years now so this fits my Hawaii mask and snorkel needs to a tee. And sure looks to be easier to pack in luggage than my CTX.

That's one thing I definitely like about what I see... the compact packability..... Is that a word?:blink:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That's true - the reality is, even if it was rated at the 10 meters I'd like, it would probably need to be heavier to be neutrally buoyant, and then I wouldn't like using it on land. I have wanted a truly dive capable gold machine for a few "secret" sweet spots, current water machines can pick up the larger multi-gram pieces. I.e., Excalibur,  but there is a great deal of smaller gold. Getting dive gear in these spots is a chore of its own though and this is a small niche that I can live without. Minelab really has something here as it seems like it will cover a broad swathe of most individuals detecting needs.

Competition is now driving the market.  You have to be mindful of the competition and try to be better than it even at the expense of your own line.  Minelab will suffer from some cannibalization:

In marketing strategy, cannibalization refers to a reduction in sales volume, sales revenue, or market share of one product as a result of the introduction of a new product by the same producer.

The only feature I have not seen mentioned that I will miss is GPS.  If my phone doesn't interfere with this unit then I guess I won't miss it on the detector.

Mitchel