Minelab Equinox Unveiled!

Steve we are depending on your test review.

I had the Deus for 2 years and loved it from the beginning.  Found a lot of good targets.  So If it out performs the Deus, White's V3i and Fisher F75 I guess I'll sell all and jump on board. 

Did anyone notice I didn't mention my TDI?:laugh:

Still waiting on the 1st Texas's PI with discrimination.

I can make any coin detector perform. All it takes is hours and a decent location. For me it's all about the overall package. Frankly after taking some heat over being a supposed Minelab shill lately I am not inclined to do more than talk about features and specs and let others do all the performance comparison stuff. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry will get these as soon as they are available and pump out comparison videos. In the end people will believe what they want to believe and seek out whoever confirms what they have already decided. Either you look at the specs and want one or not as far as I am concerned. I want one. I honestly don't question that I can go find stuff with it or anything else I choose to use. Nugget detecting is the only area where I obsess over horsepower.

• Like 1

WoW what a machine! 

Im at Detectival in the UK where Minelab launched the Equinox. This is my friend Harrys YouTube channel IDETECT. Hes a massive Garrett fan but after the few jokes about the equinox, he was extremely impressed and told me so off camera. 

I've tried out the Minelab Equinox myself at Detectival, which is just a prototype and not the finished article yet. To me it looks like Minelab has out done everyone and even if it does look like the Quest machines, it's just looks only. The Quest is a toy compared to the Equinox and looks is all that it has.  

I can see that brand loyalty maybe put to aside with this machine and even the hardcore Garrett guys and girls might be questioning themselves, do I want this incredible detector? I know it will be a big fat 'YES' to the thoughts!

I personally love my Nokta Impact but this is a major step up and now I'm thinking, will my Impact be a backup machine? I feel sick by saying that!

I know you have to walk over it to find it but this Equinox machine will find it. 

Anyway I'm glad the parachute opened! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Norvic said:

Look I`ve a good CTX for sale cheap, I`ll throw in a Deus to clinch the deal.

Oh.....  tis a dog for sure, where`s my leash..........:wink:

I'd probably need a free membership to a fitness club as well, to build up my puny arms enough to swing it. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Hi there Isca-Detecting, Welcome to Steve's site. Yes it looks very impressive. I picked up on your mates like & use of Garrett's. Thanks for your post & it does indeed look like Minelab have thrown a cat amongest the pigeons. Exciting times ahead. 

Good luck to you out there

JW :smile:

Hi JW and thank you. I have been here for a short time but Steve's site is my go to for information. 

My God haven't Minelab just gone and done that! I couldn't stand Minelab or their machines but after Saturday has come and gone this might of changed my opinion? Well on their machines and maybe the 10 or so free body warmers, caps and other free stuff ?

Still not a fan of the company. A friend a problem with his Minelab and they didn't want to know. So my opinion on customer service hasn't changed.

Whites metal detecting were going to launch a similar machine at Detectival but it got lost or stolen in transit. 

Good luck to you also and Happy Hunting

Jeremy 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isca_Detecting said:

Whites metal detecting were going to launch a similar machine at Detectival but it got lost or stolen in transit. Jeremy 

That is a very interesting bit of info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad I didn't get the Gold Monster 1000, the Gold Monster and Equinox 800 operate pretty close together in the 40khz freq. , but the Equinox has a lot more options.

Dave

• Thanks 1