Minelab Equinox Unveiled!

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I can make any coin detector perform. All it takes is hours and a decent location. For me it's all about the overall package. Frankly after taking some heat over being a supposed Minelab shill lately I am not inclined to do more than talk about features and specs and let others do all the performance comparison stuff. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry will get these as soon as they are available and pump out comparison videos. In the end people will believe what they want to believe and seek out whoever confirms what they have already decided. Either you look at the specs and want one or not as far as I am concerned. I want one. I honestly don't question that I can go find stuff with it or anything else I choose to use. Nugget detecting is the only area where I obsess over horsepower.

Steve,

Don't go there.

We care about YOUR opinion and not theirs ... whomever THEY may be.

Mitchel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's 4:30 AM here in California and I'm drinking coffee not Kool- Aid. The comment on the video about the CTX becoming second tier did raise an eyebrow. The screen on this new machine appears to be basic and kinda resembles the Deus's screen. One of my favorite features of the CTX is Target Trace. I see nothing mentioned on this new machine about that.  I don't see Minelab  chewing their foot off yet with the CTX although sales will likely go down some with the introduction of this new machine.  I think they are making a machine that can compete with the other manufacturers at a certain price point to a certain group of customers. It would be nice to get a metal detector that can do everything for under a grand... and if this thing can do exactly what my CTX does but faster then I probably will get one.... but something tells me this will not be the case....time will tell....so this morning when I head out the door for a hunt with my CTX and Deus in the back seat of the truck I know that I have two of the best machines out there. 

strick 

• Like 1

Ringmoney

You're not going to know the sex until it's born( brother or sister).

More has been said about this detector than any before it. I don't think we had this much talk on the 7000 when it came out. I believe it was the cost that put most of us in shock. Then the ones that did buy one hasn't regretted it.

• Like 2

Now that everyone is excited and wants this new marvel of engineering. What does COMING SOON mean? The reason I ask this is a company that has a now product I have been waiting for announced COMING SOON. Everyone speculated on the release of the new product. That was over a year ago and still on news.

So what will Minelab do?

It looks to be a good Machine and able to do what Minelab machines do good at. To me the big question is can it also do what Minelab machines generally fail at and that is handle heavily iron infested sites?  If it does, that's even better. If it doesn't it is still going to be a winner. This is still quite a package, multi-freq. that can be run independent or simultaneously, freq. that range from 5kHz to 40kHz and water proof to 10 feet.

All this for around $800, and as stated before, I think is the biggest shocker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikePfeiffer said:

Now that everyone is excited and wants this new marvel of engineering. What does COMING SOON mean? The reason I ask this is a company that has a now product I have been waiting for announced COMING SOON. Everyone speculated on the release of the new product. That was over a year ago and still on news.

So what will Minelab do?

Hopefully they will take all the time in the world to get it done and done right. My guess is we are talking months, not weeks or days. Early spring? Though I can hope for a box under the tree for Christmas!

• Like 3