Still Searching For That First Nugget

Rod K

In my ongoing Quest for that First Elusive nugget i took the TDI SL with a Miner John 5"x9" coil and went to a local gold producing river today. Sorry to say still No Nugget but i got enough fishing lead to cast a few bullets. Some of these were Really small split shot and bird shot so i know i am doing something right. Just got to find a piece of Yellow stuff to put the coil over.

IM002808.JPG

• Like 6

I plan on staying with it Fred. I want to see that First piece of shiny Yellow. Someday it is bound to happen.  I hope. lol

• Like 2

Yup.... definitely keep the lead and brass ya find.

Lead is currently @ 1.12 per lb

and brass varies with the alloy%

This site may be of help to you as well......... Scrap Monster

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.43.15 AM.png

• Like 1

Here is a little vid of what some gold dredgers pulled.... it wasn't gold but it was several hundred dollars added to the take home pay.

• Like 1

The S. Umpqua and Cow Creek are where i am looking.  Man, i could cast some bullets from that haul. lol Thanks guys.

You might take a pan with ya.... Some of those crevices that your pulling the lead out of may have some gold in them but too small to detect as well as being a bit deeper and or out of range in the crevice .... don't forget your crevice tool.

Yep, i have my creviceing stuff with me in the backpack and try to pull out everything. Thanks for the tip though