madtuna

Bye Bye Dolly Pot

Yeah suspected the extra horses would solve the jamming although imagine a big enough solid would jam it too, but what a problem.:wink:

Nice gear Tuna.

Met a bloke in the Pilbara with one. Poor bugger had quartz crush fever. He spent the time detecting, not looking for deep nuggets and patches.... but putting all his swinging time walking to likely quartz shows & tails looking for reefs.  "All I want is a little reef to crush" he lamented to me over a coffee. yep quartz crush fever watch out for it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Aussieau
      Thought i would post what i came across today, not sure how common stuff like this is still set up in the US but over here in Australia it isnt that common anymore with many being broken down and sold off or bits and pieces stolen over the years.
      Its a Stirling 3 head Battery, used to pulverise ore releasing the gold , looks to have been reused in the 80s maybe even 90s as there is some fairly modern hoses etc connected but overall its a great piece of antique prospecting equipment....if it wasnt so bloody heavy i would have thrown it in the back of the truck and set it up at home :) hahhahaha

• By Sourdough Scott
      Purchased a small hand rock crusher. Going to crush samples as I find them when detecting and prospecting.  I don't know a whole lot about hardrock and pocket gold. So any tips or suggested reading is helpful. Thanks.

• By EZMoney Bob
      Now ,that we have one of the world's premier make-it-yourself mining equipment fabricators onboard in the person of AZViper, what say any interested parties collaborate on a DIY Jaw Crusher? Just checking to see if there's any interest. I got started but didn't get very far. Biggest obstacle I've run into is finding suitable flywheels. I think they're necessary to maintain enough momentum to keep the crusher going smoothly.
      The jaw crushers I've seen sort of chug along but I've also heard of some high speed jaw crusher designs that reportedly work very efficiently. Might be something to investigate.
      What do you think?
      - Bob
    • By madtuna
      Hi Folks,
      this is probably more aimed at the Aussies here on the forum Just wondering if anyone is using or has an experience with the Armstrong industries (perth WA) GRB 777 Mini impact crusher?
      If so, how'd you rate it?
      Link : http://www.armstrongindustries.com.au/grb-777-mini
      Cheers,
      Steve