Video - Equinox 800 Depth Test

While the air tests are impressive... a coin in an open hole is not indicative of a buried coin in the same mineralized ground.... JMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, johnedoe said:

While the air tests are impressive... a coin in an open hole is not indicative of a buried coin in the same mineralized ground.... JMHO.

I thought the same thing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, johnedoe said:

I actually said under my breath, as I watched this, "Hey, you forgot to put the dirt back!"

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, johnedoe said:

Exactly, especially in Virginia....................

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another depth test video.. foreign language (to me) but the results are unmistakable..   Very deep!  Fast too!

Bryan

• Like 1

I wonder how robust the connection between the handle and controller are?

I wonder if a guy falls in the muddy field if it might snap at the top of the handle.

Would like to see a detail image of that area from side view and on plane.

To me, that second video posted, by Cabin Fever, the one in Russian, is -- not to use too overboard of an adjective -- stunning...

For that machine to "bang" that hard on that deep of a coin, in the dirt?

I realize it's not a perfect test; the hole was still "open" on the one side, and I don't know for sure how that affects detectability of the target.  On the other hand, that coin obviously didn't sit in the ground long enough to "help" detectability (which some describe as "halo," though I don't know if that's quite correct, but...)

Still, at that depth, with at least SOME dirt/mineralized material atop the coin?  I am definitely impressed...

Steve

Yeah, great video. You can go into the video settings and turn on subtitles (closed captioning) along with translation to English and get a rough idea of what is being said.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, Deft Tones said:

I wonder how robust the connection between the handle and controller are?

I wonder if a guy falls in the muddy field if it might snap at the top of the handle.

Would like to see a detail image of that area from side view and on plane.

Screen capture from the video above (sorry for the poor quality)...

867B40D2-040D-43E1-91C5-50865F2009F8.jpeg

• Like 1